Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I couldnt believe it. The whole band just kinda looked at him and were sorta stupified that he actually did that.

No body really seemed to mind though and mike sloughed it off with a joke.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wolfpits it sounded to me like they were issues with the soundmix and they were trying to correct it. Specifically the volume of the guitars. I could be wrong, Im no musical expert but thats what I thought it was.

The sound mix in the very beginning of the set was awful. During Reach for the Sky I could even hear the guitars, it was all bass.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the sound mix in the monitors on stage was probably the reason. It happens sometimes. The audience can hear the band just fine, but the band cant hear each other. It was clearly a matter of Mike and Danny not being able to hear each other very well and the chord changes werent in time. at about 28 seconds in, you can hear Danny adjusting so that those two were in time with each other. Its really no big deal. Anybody in a band can tell you this happens all the time. You just improvise and catch up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just remember this....
    It's still just punk rock & roll.
    Always has been rough around the edges.
    Anyone from "back in the day " would tell you that by todays standards, "punk rock sucks " muscianship wise.
    On some nights they could hardly get through the set or remember all of the words. Guitars out of tune, equipment problems, Etc...
    That was ok with us,we didn't care.
    We weren't looking for perfection,just a good show.Professional ? yeah right.
    The expectations are so much higher now for this genre'
    I still see bands now that most people say would " suck " but I see through all of that into the heart of the music and people playing it.
    There is still some amazing stuff out there if you're forgiving enough not to miss it.
    " One man's junk is another man's treasure "..lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wolfpits:
    I agree whole heartedly with you Johnny.....Case in point, just look at Reno Divorce. just kidding.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">haha...Touche' Wolfy !
    Good form.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree whole heartedly with you Johnny.....Case in point, just look at Reno Divorce. just kidding.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by raptorschild:
    I was at a Portland, OR show about a year ago and Mike came out and said ""Hello Seattle""..
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I believe it was that same tour that Mike said he loved being in Portland when he was in Seattle... Boos ensued [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually like the screw-ups [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Especially when there's technical difficulties, and to kill time so fans and lead guitarists don't have to stand there looking stupid they start jamming with random fun stuff like "Wipe Out" Huh, Johnny Reno - that was so awesome! You don't get that with a setlist, you actually get something more!!!
    Same with Social D in El Paso, I don't remember what song they started with, or if the guys started one song while Mike started something different but Mike stops, shakes his head and SMILES, looking at Brent and the guys. Then they start up again with what was meant to be. But in that you don't get the same show as all the other nights, you get something a little different, a glimpse of just an average guy and not the all-powerful rock star.
    I'm actually suprised that more screw ups don't happen, I could see myself forgetting words or getting tongue-tied - happens to us all every day!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123