Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Rancid

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Me second...Rancid alway prided themselves on how strong of a family unit thyey are, and then Brett leaves in the middle of their tour so you know that it wasn't on good terms... Plus the official site for Rancid never mentions a thing about it as well. Interesting....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member social_d_fan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    actually Glenn you are worng, it mentioned it way back when it happened the whole news page was damn near filled with Brett speakin on how he felt about rancid and the new guy giving his respect to brett

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ January 27, 2007 10:42 AM: Message edited by: social_d_fan01 ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member social_d_fan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    for christs sake he left in November would you expect it to still be on the site?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember hearing about it way back when and didn't see anything on the website, but I'll take your word for it. So Hotshot - what was the reason?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm no hotshot but I've done as much investigation into this as is within my means and all sides are closed-lipped about the circumstances. The only things I've encountered have been guesses.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Love_Pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2006
    Posts
    427
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did find it odd how they said on a few shows that they were a family, and if one of them were to leave, they'd break up. And then he left, and they stayed together. Granted, I'm happy they stayed together, but it's still a little weird nevertheless.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member social_d_fan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Glenn Cole:
    I remember hearing about it way back when and didn't see anything on the website, but I'll take your word for it. So Hotshot - what was the reason?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I wasnt attempting to be a "hotshot" but nobody is saying what the circumstances were, i just assumed it was on good terms since they talked to brett and put his thoughts on the situation on their site, and if i remember correctly brett said something about they are still a family and this leave wont be the end of their relationship(note i said if i remember correctly so dont quote me on that)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pretty_in_punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    1,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I heard it was because Brett wanted to "settle down". [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cc327's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2005
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's an interesting interview. Check out their response when asked "what will happen if someone leaves the band".

    YouTube - Rancid Interview

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's funny because I read that same think about the Rancid Family before in some other interview!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •