Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found this on ebay. I've never heard of some of the songs listed. Anyone know about this or where it came from? Or is even legit? It looks lke someone just took songs from compilations, sound tracks etc and put them on vinyl.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOCIAL-DISTORTIO...QQcmdZViewItem

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tainted Love gives this away. It has been discussed here that the version of Tainted Love floating around the internet claiming to be Social D is not. Also, it lists this as an LP in the title, but then as a CD in the description.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tainted Love? Ahahaha I can't see SxDx playing that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by mykbyk95:
    I mean look at John G's page, he has all the 'fan thrown together' bootlegs even though they are nowhere near consistant or even good ... this is just another example of them.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That's one of the reasons I put the site together in the first place. For people to use as a resource when looking at bootlegs. Most of those listed on the site are shows that have come through the trading circles from the old tape trading days through to downloads of today. If the bootleg is a factory pressed one, then I do mention that fact.

The one mentioned above was actually factory pressed, in Italy as far as I can tell. But judging by the quality of the songs they are defintely mp3 downloads converted to audio cd, and also put together by someone who has no idea about Social D. Shame that if they go to the effort of creating factory pressed cds that they can't get the better quality sources that are easibly available.

The site is a list of all available recorded shows, regardless of quality and never claims that any are legit or otherwise. It's just for information for Social D. fans.

The other one mentioned is probably the worst factory pressed bootleg I have ever come across. the titles are wrong and the first track is the Offspring and not Social D. If you want more details have a look at:

http://www.geocities.com/jgoaten/sxd...live_demo.html

John

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Theres some chancers about thats for sure. Like the Offspring singer sounds like MN [img]confused.gif[/img]
    Is the Tainted love track by Shades Apart? (thats a great cover BTW)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I knew this wasn't going to be a legit record so to speak...Tainted Love gave that away. I think Automatic 7 is the band that does the version everyone thinks is social d. But some of the other songs i wasn't sure about.

I have a vinyl bootleg that has "wanted man" but is listed as "wanked man" and "dont take me for granted" as "dont take me". I was just curious if anyone has a copy of this and could list what the actual songs are...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The first several tracks are from the White Light, White Heat, White Trash demos from 1994 and they can be downloaded at sdsickboy.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thats right Shades Apart does the Tainted Love cover, Automatic 7 does the Pretty in Pink cover that everyone thinks is Social D.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget the early demos or the prison bound demos. These are the official tracks recorded with a wrong pitch, every vinyl freak knows how to do this, and it's also easy to do with an audio editor. Not rare stuff, that's crap.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's an interesting take on the demos. Not thought or heared that one before.

I've always thought the Early demos were the PoshBoy recordings that Lude Boy and Telling Them came from that were used on the Hell Comes To Your House comp.

As for the Prison Bound demos, is it just me or do the drums sound like a drum machine ?? I'm convinced they are not the "officaly released" recordings just buggered about with.
    But if they are, I stand corrected !!

What do others think ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast