Thread: Hey Jack Hanson.... Great Job man!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I finally decided to go see for myself what all the fuss was about and I watched every video you have posted on youtube. I wanted to tell you great job man! I think you did the best job's on Footprints, pleasure seaker, this time darlin, and winners and losers. Im looking forward to hearing more.

check your PM mailbox. I have an idea for you.

steve

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ June 07, 2007 03:02 PM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font>

Thy_Will_Not_Mine

I'm quite fond of his King Of Fools cover. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Thy_Will_Not_Mine:
    I'm quite fond of his King Of Fools cover. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That is one of my fav's too, I think it is cool acoustically. Wonder if that is how Ed Bruce originally did the song?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh thank you Guys! What can I say? All I do is making music, play my Guitar and sing along a bit, that?s all. But to see such reactions is just wonderful, and it makes me pretty lucky, so again, thank you very much! Wolfpits, you watched all my Videos? Man, that surely took a lot of time [img]wink.gif[/img] To your idea, yeah, I?ll try it this way. Watch out my youtube page next week, I?ll do it then
    Rock on Fellas

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know, this gives me an idea...but it hinges on some pretty sketchy circumstances. So here it is:

There are a number of musicians/guitarists on this board, some of whom I believe are quite good. In fact, I've seen many videos, heard many recordings, yada, yada, yada, and I've heard some pretty interesting takes on many Social D songs. You're all pretty cool cats too. So what if...WHAT IF...we could form some sort of online Social D collaborative recording group and put together a compilation of songs just for shits and giggles for everyone here on the board to enjoy? Granted, this may be logistically impossible, but hell, don't challenges make life interesting?

So, of course, this would mean that all of us guitarists, drummers, bassists, vocalists, etc., would need some means of recording said tracks and sharing them with the rest of what I'd like to call the "SXDX MotherfuckinSuperGroup" to form actual songs.

You may think I sound crazy, but I do as well. What say you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

great idea. go to spikes in rosemead tomorrow night to catch 4 of us who love social D. See other thread about social d tribute. your idea would work if we all had a pro tools or garage band on our computers and we can do our part, and share the files once we were done and have somebody mix them.

steve

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm.. that thought is pretty interesting. You know, on sdsickboy?s page are my songs, there are also some Coverversions of SxDx and Mike Ness Songs, so you could take one of them ( I?d prefer Ball and Chain, Story of my life or Reach for the Sky) Maybe we?ll find some more Guys who?ll record more Songs of the Band

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wolfpits:
    great idea. go to spikes in rosemead tomorrow night to catch 4 of us who love social D. See other thread about social d tribute. your idea would work if we all had a pro tools or garage band on our computers and we can do our part, and share the files once we were done and have somebody mix them.

steve
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">See that's the thing. This whole thing hinges on the assumption that we all have ways of recording (decently at that) our parts. I actually don't have a mic right now, but I'm looking to get a little recording outfit here pretty soon. This doesn't have to go down right away though, it can be an ongoing process that lasts as long as this board is here.

I'd check out your gig, but my fiance (woohoo! just got engaged!) is graduating with her English degree tomorrow. I think I've seen some of your stuff though, and it's mighty good. Keep up the good work man!

Jack Hanson: You're actually the one who gave me this idea because I think having an acoustic on some of these songs can add a cool flavor to the mix!

Damn, I didn't think people would actually take to the idea. We'll see if it works out.