Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: To all of the Christians out there....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont believe in God. Maybe thats why I have such instability in my life. I dont like president Bush, but if had to choose, i would say im Republican. On the other hand, Im very pro-choice. Do I fit your mould? Senator Kerry made it very clear he is a devout catholic.

steve

Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never talked to anyone that disliked Bush so much but was so eager to proclaim his victory.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How much of my posts do you read? You rarely seem to address the subjects presented within them?

Maybe it's just old age...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Upon soaking up your description of Jesus... I began to wonder. Was Jesus really that irresponsible? Just forget about what the government does because heaven is what really matters?

News Flash: This world is all that we have and truly know exists. We can't just stand by and wait for the afterlife while people are being murdered by the thousands.

Sadly we have a president who believes in that madness. He really believes in the rapture, where Jesus will return to take away all the believers to heaven. How about we focus on fixing the government we have in the real world?

Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by recoveringpunker:

I am (in my opinion) a real follower of Christ. I do not agree with Bush or 99% of other people who call themselves Christians.

I believe Christians should not vote. Not because I disagree with the common pro-life belief. Not because I believe in prayer in school, or anywhere. But because I believe that a man named Jesus walked this Earth for 33 years, and never once tried to have a political agenda. He never raised an army to make people follow him. He never tried to force people to believe in Him. And if some of you morons would actualy read the Bible (at least for history, or some accrucy) you'd see that people wanted that to happen, and Jesus said no. Jesus had a small but simple message towards government and law. It was a basic message of submission, and the belief that a afterlife was of real importance, and let people who choose to not believe in God run this world.

I don't believe Christians (real or fake) should run for office. I don't think Christians (real or fake) should try to pass laws that force non christians to follow their beliefs.

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">But Christ didn't live in a democracy. Politics in the first century were inherently different from modern day politics.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Senor Mano:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by recoveringpunker:

I am (in my opinion) a real follower of Christ. I do not agree with Bush or 99% of other people who call themselves Christians.

I believe Christians should not vote. Not because I disagree with the common pro-life belief. Not because I believe in prayer in school, or anywhere. But because I believe that a man named Jesus walked this Earth for 33 years, and never once tried to have a political agenda. He never raised an army to make people follow him. He never tried to force people to believe in Him. And if some of you morons would actualy read the Bible (at least for history, or some accrucy) you'd see that people wanted that to happen, and Jesus said no. Jesus had a small but simple message towards government and law. It was a basic message of submission, and the belief that a afterlife was of real importance, and let people who choose to not believe in God run this world.

I don't believe Christians (real or fake) should run for office. I don't think Christians (real or fake) should try to pass laws that force non christians to follow their beliefs.

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">But Christ didn't live in a democracy. Politics in the first century were inherently different from modern day politics.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Excellent point, unfortunately he won't listen. He's a recovering addict who knows all, especially more than some uninformed children.

Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by two drink minimum:
    Upon soaking up your description of Jesus... I began to wonder. Was Jesus really that irresponsible? Just forget about what the government does because heaven is what really matters?

News Flash: This world is all that we have and truly know exists. We can't just stand by and wait for the afterlife while people are being murdered by the thousands.

Sadly we have a president who believes in that madness. He really believes in the rapture, where Jesus will return to take away all the believers to heaven. How about we focus on fixing the government we have in the real world?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I doubt that Jesus was really that irresponsible(whether he was the Son that Christians think of him as or just a nutcase). The problem with organized religion or anyone who subscribes to a particular religion is that they feel the need to interpret everything in the Bible as a fact and make rules which have to be obeyed regardless of the consequences. I highly doubt that Jesus would have turned down the oppurtunity to enact change and work for the good of the common people including the poor whom he empathized with most (remember reading this in the Bible, Republicans?), not the tax collecters (i.e. wealthiest 2%).

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ November 16, 2004 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Senor Mano ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Senor Mano:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by two drink minimum:

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I doubt that Jesus was really that irresponsible(whether he was the Son that Christians think of him as or just a nutcase). The problem with organized religion or anyone who subscribes to a particular religion is that they feel the need to interpret everything in the Bible as a fact and make rules which have to be obeyed regardless of the consequences. I highly doubt that Jesus would have turned down the oppurtunity to enact change and work for the good of the common people including the poor whom he empathized with most (remember reading this in the Bible, Republicans?), not the tax collecters (i.e. wealthiest 2%).

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ November 16, 2004 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Senor Mano ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I agree with you for the most part. It seems to me as though Christianity was begun as a catalyst for change in the world, but since has been warped into the anti-social progress movement we see today.

But , Recovering, I have to admit I don't know much about the bible, I've only gone to fucking catholic school my whole life.

Inactive Member Jesus was BROWN's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey fuckface(a.k.a. recovering punker), I was referring to the New Testament, which is in fact about 2000 years old (give or take). The Old and the New are both bullshit, so I guess I should clarify better. Anyway, in short, in 2000 more years, Christianity will be looked upon like we look upon mythology now - like utter crap that people used to make themselves feel better about what they don't understand. Now that assumes we won't kill ourselves over religion first(which at this point is looking like a tall order) but still, you get the point...... Anyway, like I was saying before, Jesus would be highly disappointed in your religion, because it's turned into a gigantic pile of shit that essentually is all about money, or killing people in the name of(que Rage). In short, we're back to square one, Fuck Christianity, and Fuck the South. Now those are really words to live by(screw the Bible). That is all.

Jesus(Being in the majority is not always a good thing. The majority of humans have an I.Q. slighly above that of Koko the Gorilla. I assume most of those people are Christians....)

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Inactive Member recoveringpunker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hahaha!!

I never said I knew all. I merely stated what I believe for me, and why.

Do you think by calling me an addict you get some higher position in life and/or society?

If you read my post senor mano, and 2drinks, you would have seen I addressed that notion already.

Many Jews awaited the Messiah, and expected thier to be a rising up against Rome, Palestine, and have some Messiah as King ruled nation.

If you've ever read the Torah, or Old Test., you'd see that getting a war started was as easy for Jews back then as it is for Bush today.

So democracy or not, it was a completely valid option and it was presented to Jesus. He declined.

To call Jesus's passive or to make it out like He was some sissy because of His beliefs is well close minded again, and niave.

I can live in the world with my beliefs intact, and with a Democrat in office. I may not believe in abortion, but nobody is making it mandatory. If Lefty McLefterson was to become President and force every American to have abortion for 1 year due to population control, I would revolt. But that is not gonna happen...so realy, I can live just fine in "your" society.

You made my point again about you 2drinks. Thanks. I don't rejoice in Bush's win, nor do I brag about it, or am I happy about it. I do use it to poke fun, but that's because angry people are funny people. If Kerry would have won, I would have been bustin the Bush voters' balls.