Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: To all of the Christians out there....

Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's all in this thread homeboy.

I'm not going to do the grunt work for ya.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jesus was BROWN:
    TwoDrinks, I think you could possibly attribute some of that to the drugs, or perhaps Adult ADD? It's okay though, if you're a republican, you can go from one extreme to the other unscathed. For proof of this, look at our "great uniter" of a president. That is all.

Jesus(Still like him better than SyckGirl.......)

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Dude, way better than Syckgirl, at least he can talk shit.

Syckgirl was just plain fucking stupid.

Recovering, are you a born again?

Inactive Member recoveringpunker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I'm darin ya Billy"

You can't find any of your claims in this thread or any.

Until you do, and use quotes, you my friend, are lying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not a born again.

Although I understand that IDEAOLOGY of being "born again" and some would say I am.

I say I am not. I have been born once, and will probably die twice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by recoveringpunker:
    "I'm darin ya Billy"

You can't find any of your claims in this thread or any.

Until you do, and use quotes, you my friend, are lying.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Okay then here's an example then I will go to bed.

Don't be a lazy bitch though.

"I do not need to have California take another .02% in taxes to buy meals for homeless, or orphans."

Followed by "I pay taxes, and have no problem paying more if that is waht it'll take to get even a few people back on thier feet."

How about you not waste my time? You know exactly what I am talking about, you just want me to take the time to go through the thread again.

Ciao

Inactive Member Jesus was BROWN's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright gentlemen, I have a long day tomorrow and am going to go get some sleep. However, I have yet to see anyone offer any evidence to support why religion is a good thing. I still maintain that it is a cancer on our species and should be eliminated accordingly. Some people say the problem is organized religion. Well guess what, it can't really exist the way it's structured without being organized. So really, you seem to agree with me in a way that we should just get rid of it. I feel getting rid of religion would be a really huge step in bettering our species. Think how much prejudice and violence would be eliminated with religion. It'd be wonderful. Seriously, think about what I'm saying, you know your religion does not logically make sense. You logic everything else out on a daily basis, this should be no exception. Revolt against the republicans, revolt against religion, reach a new enlightenment. That is all.

Jesus(In modern day form)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saying that Christians shouldn't vote makes no sense. A group that comprises such a significant proportion of our population should feel it necessary to vote. I believe firmly that religion shouldn't influence government or vice versa on an institutional level. But I think that a group that large has a duty to vote their individual consciences. And saying that the Bible is worthless is equally ignorant. If you take everything literally, then you miss the entire point of religion. But as a philosophy, Christianity was and still is well ahead of its time. The essence of Jesus's belief system is very similar to that of Buddhism, despite what a lot of Christians would like to believe or practice. Like ShellyCrash said, it's rare to meet someone who really lives it, but if you do, you'll hopefully understand what I mean.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup, that is what I said. That was in responce to Senor Mano. He made the claim (below) that Christians make rules to force "our" beliefs on others. Then (responding to my Jesus was passive towards politcs post)said Jesus would not stand by and not help the needy.

I said that I do not need a law to be passed, to take another .02% to feed the homeless.

[quote]Originally posted by Senor Mano:
    I doubt that Jesus was really that irresponsible(whether he was the Son that Christians think of him as or just a nutcase). The problem with organized religion or anyone who subscribes to a particular religion is that they feel the need to interpret everything in the Bible as a fact and make rules which have to be obeyed regardless of the consequences. I highly doubt that Jesus would have turned down the oppurtunity to enact change and work for the good of the common people including the poor whom he empathized with most (remember reading this in the Bible, Republicans?), not the tax collecters (i.e. wealthiest 2%).

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ November 16, 2004 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Senor Mano ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Now, as I have said, 2drinks you have painted me into some picture that you get from some comment I probably made a year and a half ago about Kerry being a knob. That was taken by you and JWB it seems, to mean that I am some Bush loving Texas longhorn. Even inspight of my repeated claims that I am not.

So now lets take a look at what I said, IN COTEXT, to who I realy am and not who you tell yourself I am.

I said I do not NEED a new tax to help the homeless. I do it without.

I never said taxes were bad.
    I never said programs to help others was bad.

This conversation was about my beliefs in keeping my beliefs out of the voting system. I donot need or want to force my religious/spiritual ideas onto society. I do not want or need laws to force my beliefs. I do not need to create the law.

When the notion of having the oppertunity to help the less fortunate, I said I do not need a law or tax to help. I wish people did not need taxes to be taken for people to get help. I wish people would willingly give to others. But some people need taxes to be taken, because they are not going to do anything on thier own will.

So now that we have taken care of that one false idea you have of me.

Next?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jesus was BROWN:
    Some people say the problem is organized religion. Well guess what, it can't really exist the way it's structured without being organized. So really, you seem to agree with me in a way that we should just get rid of it. I feel getting rid of religion would be a really huge step in bettering our species. Think how much prejudice and violence would be eliminated with religion. It'd be wonderful. Seriously, think about what I'm saying, you know your religion does not logically make sense. You logic everything else out on a daily basis, this should be no exception. Revolt against the republicans, revolt against religion, reach a new enlightenment. That is all.

Jesus(In modern day form)

<font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Obviouslt it can't exist the way it's STRUCTURED without being ORGANIZED. That would be a contradiction. The point is that it should exist in any structured or organized form. People shouldn't teach or accept doctrine on a mass level. Religion should be viewed more as a philosophy and a way of living than as a way to define a person or a group of people.

And the problem isn't religion. It's human nature. The things that you blame on religion would happen anyway, just for a different reason. The people that have used Christianity to sanction wars and persecution are clearly not true followers. And let's not try to guess what would happen if Jesus was born today, because that involves way too many variables for any of us to consider.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The problem is I am speaking about Christians with Christian ideas.

You read my christians shouldn't vote idea with non christian thinking.

Christains believe in Heaven.
    Christians believe in the Bible.
    The Bible says to seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven.
    The Bible says to love your neighbor.
    Not to judge.
    Not to force others into your beliefs.

According to the basic ideas of Christianity, Christians are not following it when it comes to living in a secular world.

Now, from your non christian point of view... I understand what you're saying. People should vote. People who have the same ideas should vote as a group to spread thier ideas. America is as much thiers as it is everyone elses.

But can the Church truely keep thier Christianese out of the voting both?

No.

So they should not vote.
    -----------------------------------------------

JWB - Religion is not the problem. It's man's basic inability to live with people with different beliefs. Our inherent belief that "I am right and you are wrong" is what causes the basic split.

Of course, lifestyle effects these wars.

If I wore a shirt that said I am the love child of Jesus and Allah I would get more laughs then dirty looks. But if I were to pray without covering my head in the middle east, someone might blow me up.

Religious wars are so huge in the middle east because I think it's all they realy have.

We should drop some PS2s over there and don't come back for 20 years and see what happens.

ps I like Buddha. There is no record of Jesus from about 13-30. Look up some dates, and the start of Buddhism.. some interesting theories out there.