Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reach for the Sky, Dont Take Me for Granted, Highway 101, Wasnt Born to Follow, and Angels Wings are class. The rest are okay if I am in the mood. Overall it's all right.

Nickels and Dimes does suck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my opinion this album shows Mike's songwriting has reached new heights. I dont think you can get much better than these 10 songs. Ranks up there with the best of them if you ask me. Dont buy this if another mommy's little monster is what your after. Nickels and dimes is one of the catchiest of the bunch.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I haven't heard the album or any of the songs yet but I know there are 10 songs on the album...saying that 3 of them suck is a bit harsh...it doesn't leave much room for the other ones that are just okay or sensational.

I think I will enjoy all of them but I don't think I've heard a social d song I didn't like...

Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Reach For The Sky"
    "Nickels & Dimes" and
    "Live Before You Die" (the chorus melody is good tho)

the rest of the album is great

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

It cracks me up to hear things like "maturing as a songwriter" and the "best Social distortion album ever." Truth is, it's a boring album. Worse than WLWHWT. If the last two albums were all they had, very few of us would be such die-hard fans. Not that they need to remake the same albums from the late 80's - ealry 90's that were so damn good, (or that they could) but the best days are over.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think you will find there arent too many who will agree with you on that one Danny but thats what makes this board so great....so many different opinions

Inactive Member anotherstateofmind's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

in my opinion all 10 songs are top notch.....obviously the album sounds different than their early stuff.....i agree on the fact that mike?s songwriting matured.....i really like the old stuff and i really like the new stuff.....i don?t think WLWHWT is better than the new album......and LIVE BEFORE YOU DIE is awesome....seems like some people don?t like those songs that are a little more speedy and tougher...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You gotta give these songs a lot more time and many more listens before you can start ranking them and evaluating them. I've only heard six of them so far, and there's only one I can take or leave. "Wings" and "Follow" are just as great as they were live the past few tours. And before everyone dismisses "Nickles and Dimes" as just a hook-happy, bouncy little na-na-na-na pop tune, keep listening. It's a dark song that's pretty f'in gloomy. Does anyone really want him to keep rewriting "MLM" and "Telling Them"? That would be the ultimate sell-out. There are already enough Aerosmiths and Thorogoods out there to clog up radio with their retro retreads. These songs sound like where the old man is at in his life right now. Like it or not, at least he's not pulling out the old cookie-cutter and putting out some rehashed old crap. Just give it a few months of listening before dismissing it. Then, if it still sucks to you, let 'er rip.

Kematter

I hate to say I don't like a song, but the chorus on Nickels & Dimes is really bad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anybody think some of the new songs suck? "Don't let Your walls down...You might fall in love"? "Gotta live before you Die"? "Nickles and Dimes"? lets be honest here. These songs suck. Any others that come to mind? Ready for questions, ready for comments? (Ness is spending too much time in Floral Park, counting his "nickles and dimes". Where is he going with this?)

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ September 23, 2004 12:39 AM: Message edited by: tellingthem ]</font>

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast