Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Indianapolis, In
    got off work at about 5pm - stopped at kroger's just for Pop Tarts & Coke - The cashier asked where I had been- told her I was on vacation - It was freezing cold - snowing- but it wasn't thick enough to stay- saw my apt. for the first time in a week & a half- liked how warm it was- nice & toasty- got into bed about 6:30 after reading a few poems- some out of the Bible of Outlaw Poetry & Gasoline by G. Corso- woke up about 2:15pm & just laid there until 3 pm- watched some stupid cartoons shows on Fox and 7th Heaven- turned the tv set off at six. Pulled some socks on - sweatshirt- trying to think of warmth- needs to stay warm but it was cold out in my car- engine cold- tired today- vacation too long? Nah- went to Lockerbie Coffeehouse- looking for company & friends- the redhead's working the counter- she says the smoky room is cold- lets me borrow her scarf- she came to wrapped it around me- wool scarf- she wrapped it around my neck- I felt weird- not an usual situation for me- she gives me my coffee- I said that today is my birthday- as a gift- I got chocolate muffin- there's a girl trying out handcuffs- she's hyper jumping all over the place- takes my ashtray puts another in it's place- even as I was smoking- chess game in progress- got to go to work in four hours- 2:36 this morning 26 years ago- I came to kiss the world- 2:36 this morning this year- the world has put me to work- I am 26 years old today-

---------

Etheridge,
    when I saw the snow
    this morning as I
    was coming to my apt.
    I thought of the
    haiku that
    you wrote.

I was sitting by
    the window here
    in my Indianapolis apt.
    & I saw it snowing
    it was cold
    that for darn shore
    Feels like
    I'm looking for you
    right now.

-------------

Lockerbie Coffeehouse Haiku

Coffeehouse people
    sitting & talking about
    coffee in their cup.

----------------------

All I want for Christmas is a two dollar bill
    Nothing else matters but hey-
    I'd like to have the golden dollar
    w/ Susan B. Anthony
    or hey-
    money from France
    Russia
    Cuba
    Spain
    Ireland
    I will save all the foreign money
    that I can get
    so I can plot my escape
    from everybody.

---------------------

Everything feels weird today. Lots of unfamiliar people in the Coffeehouse. Saw ________ _______ but she didn't stay to talk. Thinking that's ____'s car out there but maybe it's not. I'm feeling worn out- tired- beat- yawning & I am still wearing that redhead's scarf & here I am sitting by the door- feeling that cold wind & I am freezing! I wonder if that poetry night is still going on at Festivilla-
    Damn- it wasn't _____'s car- ah well-
    Off to Festivilla I go - even if it's just for awhile-

----
    note: just thought you all might be interested in what I was thinking about on my b-day.

------------------
    I try to be humble but this guy threw my greatness in my face! I'm trying to deny my greatness!

"Everything belongs to me because I am poor." - Jack Kerouac Visions of Cody

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Happy Birthday!