Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Addiction

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pixxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Addiction

    It prevents you from knowing
    when to eat. Your stomach knows
    no hunger, but your skin
    is pulled tightly over bones
    that shouldn't be visible. Your hair
    has lost it's luster--dimly
    framing your sallow face.
    You don't notice that
    it's eating you alive. Your hunger
    for a quick fix instead
    of a ham sandwich. A habit
    your fragile body can't afford.
    Your hollow sunken eyes remind me
    of the rabbit we had
    when we were little. Its eyes
    were pink, like yours always are.
    I remember, once, it ate a leaf
    of cabbage--covered in white
    powder--lime. Poison.
    We buried it behind the shed.

    This is my first public posting of this poem, so I'm very open to criticism.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dig it.

    It's got..... a machinery type feel to it (by machinery, i'm referring to the poster himself - not an actual machine)

    I like it a lot.

    2nd and 3rd readings have made me enjoy it more.
    The beginning seems slow - but the middle/end really roll nice together.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •