Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Stranded

  1. #1
    Inactive Member zebraflames's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ya know it only breaks my heart.
    To see you standing in the dark.
    Waiting there for me,
    to come back.
    Im to afraid to show whats coming over me, im crashing like a tidal wave that drags me out to sea.
    I wanna be with you, if u wanna be with me,
    Im crashin like a tidal wave...i dont wanna be stranded.
    I can only take so much,
    These tears are turning me to rust.
    I know your waiting there for me.
    To come back.
    Im crashing like a tidal wave that drags me out to sea, I wanna be with you, u wanna be with me, im crashin like a tidal wave--i dont wanna be stranded.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i was rereading old stuff and this sucker stuck hard...
    "these tears are turning me to rust"
    ---i got so much imagery out of that and the line really wasn't that full of description...but i related and i could see it, this line was placed in the right spot or something.
    the whole poem's vivid.

    ___---parch

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jelymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,044
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah i know i'm not a regular here ... and i know this is from way back in february ... and i'm sorry but i can't resist the urge to comment.

    THIS IS NOT ORIGINAL.

    this is a song called 'Stranded', by Plumb. and the thread called 'Damaged' is also a song by Plumb. I know, because I have the CD. and 'Damaged' is from the Brokedown Palace soundtrack. if you don't believe me, look it up. I have a slight issue with people taking credit for stuff they didn't do.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member La Luna Unita's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2001
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rock on, Jely. I thought that it read like lyrics, but that's often the type of poetry people write. I haven't heard the song. Had me completely fooled. Thanks a bunch.

    ------------------
    SexSleepEatDrinkDream

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought it sounded awfully like song-lyrics as well, but damn, i love it when you can catch someone at that shit biggrin

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jelymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,044
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *relieved* i was totally expecting to get flamed or something ... thanks guys smile

    i suggest you check out both songs, actually. they're excellent. i actually mentioned 'damaged' on the top ten fave songs.

    ------------------
    "In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary ... come again?"
    -Brick Top, Snatch

    ORANGE is SEXY!
    It's better on the bottom!

    Remember: You can't scream out someone's name if you don't know what it is.
    - 'Ways to reduce sex noises in res' in Golden Words

  7. #7
    Inactive Member WiloeLeigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2000
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And the "Circle" poem is actually a song by Sarah McLachlan, from her album "Fumbling Through Ecstasy" I believe.

    I think I should start posting poetry here, though, instead of just pointing out someone was ripping off songs.

    ------------------
    No matter what we have come through, or how many perils we have safely passed, or how imperfect and jagged our life has been, we cannot in our heart of hearts imagine how it could have been different. As we look back on it, it slips in behind us in orderly disarray, and, with all its mistakes, acquires a sort of eternal fitness, and even, at times, a poetic glamour.

    -Randolph Silliman Bourne

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member La Luna Unita's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2001
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree! I promise I would read.

    ------------------
    SexSleepEatDrinkDream

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I must say, I hate the fact that people rip off songs. If your gonna rip it off, at least just have the balls, *or courage for the ladies who don't have balls* to say it's a song and not your work. Don't let people praise you for work that's not yours.
    Jely and Wiloe, POST YOUR WORK~ MUAHAHAHAHA>... This place has been so dead we need a revival. Perhaps you guys could help biggrin

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •