Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Barrier Has Been Broken

TastinGood

They said it couldnt be done.

They said that no one would ever score over 300 points in a game of Literati.

They said no one could have that much talent, intelligence, patience and luck all at once.

They said that the day would never come....

But friends, Tonight your very own Shatzy has done it.

She has managed to score 340 points in a regulation game of Literati.

Behold...a marvelous screenshot:
    literati?bcr8C 9AdqqYxJes

<font color="#6699FF" size="1">[ November 15, 2002 01:52 AM: Message edited by: FOXracerrrr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

its such a shame that one of my three bingo bonuses
    is covered up by the little sign....

i've been tryin and tryin to break 300, as you know TG.

i'm officially a yahoo literati badass.

i'm still waiting on that rematch from KB.

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

But also, let me state this... for those of you who think she must be a genius...
    Shatzy plays with a dictionary. Actually, I believe with the help of dictionary.com.
    In the rules of Scrabble *or any game like it* it specifically states *if you wish to play by the rules, like you should* that you cannot at any time use a dictionary except to challenge words that you believe either 1.May not be a word or 2.to be mispelled.

But she constantly uses a dictionary, so the fact that she "broke the barrier" really is nothing more than the fact that she knows how to quickly utilize a dictionary to get the most of out of what would probably be a "bad hand" otherwise.
    Yea, you broke the barrier... cheater.
    That's gotta be tough. *rolleyes*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with the little cheerleader dog. Although scoring that high on the game is very impressive, it does take away some of the significance if the scoring individual uses an outside source to compete. Even still, if that is the goal that you set forth to complete Shatzy, congratulations. I don't think I could do the same even with outside help (unless it was my dad helping, the man is a genius).

TastinGood

I bet shatzy could beat your dad.

A say way have a competition.

TastinGood

Also, I dont think it is cheating to use a dictionary.

Its not like she is coming up with words no one has ever heard of before. She still has to know what to look up in order to even use the dictionary.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all, my father is far beyond simple competition with peons. He is challenged by only the grandmasters of literati (even though Shatzy may be <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#25004f"><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">officially a yahoo literati badass. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE> she has not claimed to be a grandmaster.

Also, did you not read the cheerleader dog's post? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#25004f"><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">In the rules of Scrabble *or any game like it* it specifically states *if you wish to play by the rules, like you should* that you cannot at any time use a dictionary except to challenge words that you believe either 1.May not be a word or 2.to be mispelled. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that she is not using words no one has heard of before, but still, she is receiving outside help that is not allowed by scrabble rules (or any game like it). I said that I was still proud of her, but one person's achievement is another's piece of shit (no offense shatzy)

TastinGood

Your dad would get his ass kicked!

Dictionary or no dictionary.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let's go one step further, I would kick her ass.

TastinGood

I betcha a meal at Wendy's that Shatzy will win.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast