Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jumper69:
    Religions, no matter how upstanding they may be in theory, are still populated and run by humans. And human beings are falliable(sp?).

I personally detest the Catholic Church, more so than I detest most other religions. But that's another thread.... hmmm??? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't detest the Church, but its rigid structure has made it out of touch with its people and at times, what is good.

I know plenty of great Catholics. I know some not so great Catholics. A friend from high school is a Jesuit working on becoming a priest. I think he exemplifies what the Church should be. Another friend went straight to seminary right out of high school. He exemplifies what's wrong with the Church, toeing the party line regardless. Guess which one seems happy and which one seems miserable?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My beautiful thread of bitter snapping and name calling was almost off the page.

This needs a bump.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thoughts on the Catholic Church:

I was damned to hell by my mother when I was married the first time by a Church of Christ minister. He was the father of my best friend, and probably the most spiritual/practical man of God I've ever know.

I was again damned to hell by my mother three additional times when I refused to have my children baptized in the Catholic Church. I don't believe or accept the doctrines, and it just seemed so WRONG to try to pay their way into heaven.

However, I think I redeemed myself while in Spain. Sluggo knows, and that's all that matters.