Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lookin' Good!!! You have chosen to take the pilot source from the filter assembly. This was mentioned in one of my previous ramblings on this thread. It is definitely a choice and will work great. The only concern is that the old pilot tubing might be broken while inserting the new Tee. But, if yours is good, go for it. The photo you posted of your pilot assembly is of a Propane assembly. Your range must have been shipped from the factory plumbed for LP Gas. The Natural gas pilot filter and plumbing will look different and use different parts. Perhaps someone can add a photo of the Natural Gas assembly.

I see that you added a cutoff to your assembly. I'm afraid that it is not designed for gas and could be a problem. If you want to put a cutoff on the oven pilot, I think we should use one that is approved for gas. Check any labels that were on the cutoff and see if it is OK for gas. I have a wholesale source for the Gas approved cutoffs, but I'm sure there is a retail source.

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 11:23 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mark, Your Filter, Tee's and other plumbing will be fine( except for the cutoff). Page 6 of the service manual shows Natural and LP Pilot Filter assemblies. I have disasembled several filters and never found one that was gunked up. They are filled with just plain cotton to filter the gas.

So, Here goes the LP/Natural discussion. LP gas pressure is higher than Natural, so Chambers used better shut-off valves and adjusting fittings to make sure there were no leaks. They also used pilot filters that would pass a different volume of gas for LP. So yours is Original from the factory LP and will work even better on the lower pressure of Natural.

Chambers made several small changes in parts during the manufacture of these stoves. It may be that the supplier was out of the Natural gas filters and Chambers had to use what they had on hand. Who knows what happened, but I do know that they would do anything to cut a few pennies.

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 11:24 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello,

Stoveman I have found the website. My wife and I recently purchased our Chambers Model B stove. We named her "Addie" in memory of my wifes Grandmother. Her Grandmother used to clean her stove all the time and we used to laugh about it. Then we started to clean this Chambers and realized that she was a pretty smart gal. Hence the name seemed to fit. Not ready to install the safety device yet, but watching with interest.

Dennis

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mark - I love how your oven shots look like outer space - like a space station with a large saucer looming in the vastness of space.

The galaxy is in your Chambers!

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 11:16 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 11:16 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 11:17 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lowracer,

I wish I could get accomplished in my whole day what you get done during Lunch

Frank