Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Help!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Traumensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2006
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! I just got the piece back from my dad yesterday, and it's beautiful and repaired and looks as good if not better than it did originially. He welded the broken piece back on and rethreaded the screw hole. I'm just amazed and so very relieved! The real test will come when it's hook up and in use, and exposed to the high heat. My dad was a machinist for 45+ years, and I believe him when he says it will be fine. God I love that man!!!

    Still working on getting the oven door frame removed...it's so stubborn!! The side that has the broken pin is good to go since it broke free from the stove frame (just need to drill out the fused on bits), but the other side that is intact will not budge. The end of the rivet with the split end that the door rotates looks to have melted onto the frame. There is just a glob of metal where the end of the pin was split.

    Why am I writing all this to you? I think simply because there is a particular kind of joyful madness few other people I know can appreciate that tearing my beauty apart brings. You guys are certainly on the short list of those who may nod knowingly.

    Onwards! : )

  2. #12
    Inactive Member lkeriegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2006
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations to you. I just read someof the more comic bits of this thread out to my husband, who took it upon himself to reassemble the stove on saturday while i was out lookign at curtain fabric. . . and boring passersby with details on the wonders of the Chambers stove.

    Sounds like you have an excellent resource for a full rebuild there with your dad. We're handy but a bit broke so we're lucky we got a stove supposedly in workign order. Actually, we picked it up on Craigslist in pittsburgh at the beginning of May. Where'd your stove come from?

    Erin in Cleveland

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Traumensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2006
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Erin!
    I also got my stove from craigslist here in Pittsburgh. I hadn't heard of Chambers before I saw the post for the stove and just fell in love with the picture! A classic girl-stove love story I guess! : )

  4. #14
    Inactive Member phoebe9435's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, My Copper "Beauty" also came from Pittsburgh (ebay)! 1953

  5. #15
    tux_sf
    Guest tux_sf's Avatar

    Post

    My B, Elmer, was originally a resident of Pittsburgh as well.

    I guess Pittsburgh was Chambers territory! Kind of like Texas was (or IS, I guess).

    --Danny

  6. #16
    Inactive Member pmisaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2005
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mark, that is a shocking revelation! Writing as a foreign (non-Texan) observer, it seems like graduation, after four years of attendance, from a college in Bryant-College Station, Austin or even (heaven forbid) dusty Lubbock ought to qualify one for naturalization.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member lowracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2006
    Posts
    235
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't let this get out to my Texas buddies but I was actually born in Pittsburgh.

    But I came to Texas as fast as I could, and will try to get back there as fast as I can.

    My chambers is from Kansas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •