Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK just to warn you, I'm so damn pissed that I'll be swearing about every 5 seconds, so if you dont want to see it, stop reading.

So at dinner today my dad tells me that there had been some sort of virus on my computer and that he had to reload the whole fucking system to get rid of it. So i get on about 10 minutes ago and I find out he wasn't fucking kidding. EVERYTHING is gone. All my programs, my manga files, my raw scans, favorites, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. He could have at least backed up the files before reloading the whole freaking systems!

And what pisses me off the most, is that I know IM not the one who downloaded the virus in the first place, because ever since I started work I haven't had barely any time to even check my mail, much less download anything. It's probably my fucking deadbeat sister who download's everyother shareware system so she can burn music onto CDs. I've deleted so many shitty programs she put on my computer since I noticed that once she started using it, my poor comp became riddled with spyware. I can't even get into my e-mail account, because I have to figure out how to re-load THAT, since my dad didn't either bother to do THAT for me after he erased everything.

I'm going to go and break something and hook my scanner back up, because I know I'll never be able to fix my scanlation collection because I don't have to time or the patience to track down everything that I've lost.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh my god i am so sorry for you!!! the same thing happened to me like a year ago. our computer didnt even have a virus. my dad just decided to "clean up" aka...delete everything that had my name attached to it!!! i lost so many files, i still havent recovered. i didnt lose programs, well cept aol..but i got that back easy. but alllllll my files..down to music were deleted.

so i feel for you. wish there was a magic comp genie to give u ur stuff back. try not to bang ur head on the desk to much...that hurts ^_^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember my dad decided to format the harddrive on the computer I used for some reason or another. I didn't know this until I get on a day or two later to fix a report I had already done. I couldn't find it, so I asked my dad, and he said that he formatted the hard drive. Which meant that all of my school papers, and all of the stories I wrote over the years were gone. I was pissed about this, and my dad told me, well, if I wanted something saved I should've told him. He just decided that everything in all my folders was junk.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*waking up from long long absence*

[img]eek.gif[/img]

Oh, poor Carole!! *runs over and hugs* That's terrible. Isn't that YOUR computer, not the family computer? He could have at least told you before hand so that you could back it up yourself.

Wish I had a magic wand that could fix it for you...

~Crystal

Inactive Member
    Sonuva...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've often worried that my dad might do the same thing, but fortunately he hasn't.

However when I was getting my files arranged to be sent over to my new computer, I used a friend to do it... However... for some ODD reason, he thought that I didn't WANT my hentai/yaoi files back... so the HD that he'd put those files on? He gave it to a friend [img]mad.gif[/img] I had like at least 500 some hentai files (including numerous zip files with manga and game CG collections and other collections of a sort)... all lost to me. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

poor carol, that's a really horrible thing to happen [img]frown.gif[/img] (... and makes me think that I should go and burn my stuff on dvd one of these days before something similar happens to me x_X)

uhm, but you know, even if it's very hard to get all the stuff you had back, you could always ask for help here, I'm sure people would be glad to help you get back things like hard to track down scanlations or similar? (I assume that might not even cover the worst part of the loss, but it might still help a bit?)
    I'm not really a genius when it comes to internet thingies, but we could make something like, uhm, maybe a yahoo mail account, upload scans you request for you to download or something ^^; (there sure might be better ways, like I said, I'm not an expert with those things... but I hope you get the idea what I'm talking about)

I guess this might be a bit of help? (I mean, easier at least than tracking down every single bit by yourself, right?)

you know, you'd just have to post something like "hey, anyone got the scanlation about this and that" and there sure as hell will be someone who has it and you can get it back ^^; or so the plan goes..
    (you know, works with lost links as well, I get the impression that most people in manga communities somehow also visit the same pages sooner or later, so...)

ok, don't know if the idea is any help (but I'm pretty sure most people would join in, everyone here has always been sooo nice), just wanted to make the offer ^^;;
    well, ask and you shall be given, ne? ^^

uhm, greetings
    Shia

Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ugh, man, that totally blows. I know how it goes though, my BF just had to reformat everything due to a vid card crapout and corruption on the HD. Lost everything.

-Reikou

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yah if that idea actually works...or if u need it. i could help out. ive got quite the collection now.

yah finally ive got my own computer up at uri and im the comp admin!!! my older sister uses it...and a girl who works there uses it...but they rarely ever do...so its MINE. so no one deletes my shit anymore. and if i want to make the win amp skin a cool anime one i will!! (srry...my dad always makes the winamp skin all big and adds the equalizer and all that shit and its ugly and i cant change it)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, Lady Carole I'm so sorry! I've never had anything like that happen to me... I guess I'm lucky. But I guess I can sort of imagine what that must feel like... Oh, who am I kidding? I'm SO sorry...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know how you feel when I got a virus early this year I had to erase my whole computer and lost everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast