Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And what a nice layout it is!
    Happy Birthday Risu ^___^V. Have a good 'un! I just got back, well about an hour ago, from spain, so I'll toast you with sangria. Wha-hey. How nice to come back and have another thrilling installment of 'Cain to download. Woo!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks, you guys! Been a long day, much despite my intentions of doing no work at all... ^^;;; Cleaned the entire apartment (anybody who'd previously seen my living room would no longer recognize it), got to eat Japanese food twice (lunch with parents, dinner with Keith who went to Japan with me), and did an emergency project from home for work (jobs to be posted in the Sunday paper pointing to URLs that didn't yet exist; the person who had the text mailed them to someone who was on vacation and then went out sick, so the guy who wanted the jobs posted caught me about 5:45 Friday night and said "where are my job postings?" to which I said "what job postings?" and found myself in charge of watching the inbox to pounce on it the minute the person with the text mailed it to me so I could webify it and call and harass the person in charge of doing the uploads... ^^;; [img]wink.gif[/img]

Ah, the best laid plans of mice and otaku...

oh well. On the bright side, I think I may be getting cats! Keith is moving out of town and probably can't take his cats with him. I know I'm allergic, but I love his cats, and they can be wiped with some kitty-non-allergy-making stuff and I can try living on antihistamines, so I'm going to see if I can talk him into letting me "catsit" them for a couple weeks before deciding whether or not I can hack it long-term...

let's see...

@Elanor: not yet. (At least, not as of today; they don't deliver mail on Sunday here, so maybe Monday...)

@Yue: wow, cool! I'm on an incredibly slow dialup connection at the moment, but I'm going to come back and look first thing Monday...

in general: yes, I really am trying to work on translating God Child! Got book 1 chapter 2 done last night, prompted by guilt that I didn't want editors to have to be waiting on me and want to stay several chapters ahead of the editing, and I might do chapter 3 tomorrow if I get bored/ambitious...

gonna go fall over now... 'night all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cats! Got my baby back from the cattery today. She's still a bit freaked out. she's gone to hide under the bed.

@Risu, I'm really allergic to most things, but I found that after a few weeks of bad excema and asthma when I first got my cat it all got easier and now I'm used to her, I'm only allergic to other cats. Having said that, I do take antihistamines everyday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like cats. We had a very big tomcat. He was the greatest and cleverest cat I have ever seen. I guess I will never get a cat as cool as him. He died after 12 years, was driven by a car. I wanted to have a cat again but because I still have my little dog my mother was against another pet. Maybe once my sweet doggie is dead I get once more a cat.

@Risu: Thanks for translation! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member cutelittlekitty's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Happy birthday a little late, Risu-chan. I was going to post on your birthday, but i was hoping i could finish a 5 panel count cain fanart that i want to draw. unfortunately, my drawing skills just aren't up to it, so instead, here's a picture of Count Cain that i drew, in honor of your birthday: http://www.geocities.com/cutelittlekitty03/cain.html
    it's not very good, but one of these days i'll get better at drawing [img]smile.gif[/img]

oh, and I'm the same way with cats. I love them, but i'm allergic. but when i have my own cat, after a few weeks i'm not allergic to it anymore, and while i'm still allergic to other cats, the allergies are less severe than when i don't have any cats. Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to have pets in the apartment i'm in right now [img]frown.gif[/img] My last cat was a beautiful smokey colored persian with a scrunched up face, named Dahli. But i had to find her a new home. she's happy in her new home though, so i'm glad [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! ^_____^ What strikes me most about both Yue's and Kitty's pics is how expressive their faces are... Yue's has got Cain's "I'm going to watch you squirm and enjoy it" cat-with-plaything amusement down perfectly, and Riff's "am I squirming enough yet?" expression is priceless!

Kitty's got the sort of "abstracted loneliness off in the distance" thing going for it too -- wow, guys, thank you! ^_____~

I'm so looking forward to cable modem on Thursday...

Haven't had a chance to finalize cat arrangements yet...

Almost done with God Child 1-3 also; hope to have it to Crisis this week...

later all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh how I love the ending of Red Ram! It is soooooo sad! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Did everyone like it as much as I?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nope, you're not alone, I liked it very much too! ^___^ and it was sad, but somewhat mufled by the cute scenes between Riff and Cain ;__;

But now my mind is all mixed up wether I should like Gilford or not. @___@

And, like always, that chapter was signed Kaori Yuki all over, making us see the good in the caracter and all its greatness just before she makes them die ;___;

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah, excellent stuff.
    Riff and cain, being adorable! ^^
    I have to say I was pretty shocked by riff going through oscar's pockets like that. That was a bit cheeky.
    And oscar loves cain. Sort of, without realising it. didnt see that one coming. X_X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ahhh um...i actually didnt like the ending. But that might be cuz i just didnt get it. 1st i dont get how cain dropping his cuff link made riff think cain was going to sacrifice himself. 2nd, why did they make gilford take those drugs to stay a lil kid....3rd the mother being the murderer seemed to random for me...and 4...the guy they said was the jack the ripper...how did they pin it on him...he was from the way way beginning.

im sure im missed a bunch of important facts that would clear up my confusion...so if neone can help...then please do^_^

edit: oh yah...and what was up with the butterfly...was it a scar, or a painted on thing. and why did she kill all the girls, was she linked up with jezebel???? ahhh so confused

<font color="#660033" size="1">[ July 19, 2003 08:41 PM: Message edited by: jadey ]</font>