-
December 11th, 2003, 02:40 AM
#1
Inactive Member
ehhh...i figure this might be a good topic cuz alot of us are either nearing the age or already did it.
college is just really on my mind now cuz ehhh....i have to go. I seriously really really really really really really really really really really really dont want to go to URI (Univeristy of Rhode Island). Why? well cuz I dont have a choice but to go there, so naturally, i dont want to go. my mom works there as the director for Study Abroad Offices...and sooo..i get free tution. Good deal you say?...no way. URI suxs. hehe not really..but i want to do art and well..the art building....suxs. I got no other words for it. they have like two classes in art and the building looks like its falling apart.
i really want to go to Uconn (Univeristy of Connecticut) cuz A)its like 15-20 mins away so i can just live here and me, being the slight germiphobe that I am, wont have to have a heart attack living in a dorm.
-_-...my friend just told me that she got a scholarship of 22,880 a year for Uconn. I happy for her...but damn it spare me some change!!!
yah soo...im slightly stressed out. only slightly cuz i know im going to get in to both prolly...so im just worried about whether my parents will let me go to Uconn
anyone else having any troubles?? or had troubles? or had a good experience?? share ^_^
-
December 11th, 2003, 06:29 AM
#2
Inactive Member
i had that trouble before.. two years ago anyway. haha.. i was trying to decide whether or not i should get into UC as a freshman or as a junior by going to junior college (jc) first. basically, i asked half of the people that already graduated and they all told me to just go to jc and then transfer cause UCs tend to like juniors more than freshman. Basically because half of the incoming freshman doesn't make it to junior year so... xP and also transferring saves a lot of money since with this whole stupid california's budget cuts. they raised up the enrollment fee and it is seriously getting ridiculous.
but anyways... so in short, i am currently at jc right now and on my way to go to UCLA soon. i thought of UC Berkeley but not many people liked it over there and i figured i'd rather live in LA where i've been living for more than 10 years. And also they have a good pre-med program so that's also another reason. But my parents were saying what is the point of going to JC if you are going to school for another 10 years anyway? haha..
Yes.. i'm a bio major going into premed. and what am i doing at the moment instead of studying for finals? >.< i'll probably start on it later like i always do. I am a major procrastinator. which is bad but hey, i have a 4.0 so i'll live. hehe..
My sister wonders why i'm so obsessed over yaoi cause i won't have time to watch them anyway but.. hey... they are just plain hot.. that's all i gotta say. [img]redface.gif[/img] it's one of the few enjoyment in life at the moment. kekeke
So yeah, just go into where you want to go since it is your life and all. you have to enjoy it in order for you to succeed so that's the way i see it. i mean, if you hate where you are at, you'd probably not want to stay there so what's the point? hehe...
and for those who are in college at the moment and are soon taking the finals, i wish you guys all the best of luck! Ganbatte kudasai minna~
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ December 11, 2003 02:30 AM: Message edited by: LiL dEviL MiNeE ]</font>
-
December 11th, 2003, 01:04 PM
#3
Inactive Member
hmmz...after I graduated from my secondary school last year,I had some plans in mind to go to US to further my study...but various reasons made me changed my plan and now I'm stuck in Singapore again -.-;; (been staying here for 5 years now... )
my school now is an art institution..nice one (except for the lack of facilities and equipment -.-;; ) and my lecturers are 90% from overseas
actually, my school life has nothing much of an excitement...just wait till the end of term and all of you can see me slaving away trying to complete my projects xDDD
-
December 16th, 2003, 01:08 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Aww geez, I am getting really scared about going to college. I guess I don't have high self confidece because I am afraid of failing. Yeah, and I know I have to go, otherwise I will have to move back home (where nothing ever happens). Yeah, and there is more pressure to do well in school this year, and I don't do well under pressure. I also don't know exactly what I want to do either. I was thinking I could go into an art program, but I still don't know if that is what I really want to do. I could also try going into teaching, so who knows, I just hope I succeed.
Well, good luck to all those applying to collge.
-
December 16th, 2003, 01:18 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Hello Everybody..I just registered and I was wondering how can edit my profile..you know like get a cool avatar what not.
-
December 16th, 2003, 01:30 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Never mind..I figured it out..hehe..
-
December 16th, 2003, 01:32 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Does anyone here like Sensei!?? I love that manga..but I really really miss it..I hope it gets updated soon. [img]frown.gif[/img] well..I must keep my fingers crossed.. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
-
December 16th, 2003, 01:56 AM
#8
Inactive Member
umm welcome kaori, nice to have a new member. but umm....srry if this comes out mean..but this isnt exactly the place to ask for updates. in fact i think it would be nice to not ask in any thread in, any forum. just cuz...unlike this one where everyone is nice...anywhere else you'll get ur head bitten off ^_^ srry.
as to the answer(i swear i cant spell...that dont look right to me but oh well) i dont know. the staff of s-c.net is very busy..working on other projects and working in real life. my guess is its gunna be a while..simply cuz thats not a priority project..but who knows. just um..plzz dont ask for updates..try to be patient^_^...once again..welcome to the board
-
December 16th, 2003, 02:03 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Oh..I'm sorry. Well, I didn't really think I was asking for an update at the time anyway. I was just expressing my love for Sensei..lol. mmm, Ito Sensei
sorry though [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
-
December 16th, 2003, 02:26 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Hmmmm, I'm so bored, I have very little do right now. Ouch, my knees ache, Im cold, sometimes my joints ache when I'm cold, I wonder if thats normal if it's a sign of old age. lol..well, I'm only 19 so I sure hope not. geez, hope nobody hates me now, because I was apparently asking for updates, lol..oh well. Hmm, I would kinda like an avatar of Ito sensei. maybe I'll look for one. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks