Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: question

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Neil Gaiman. I love that author. ^^ I haven't read his Sandman series though, but I have definitely heard lots of good things about the female character Death.

    What's she like that makes her so popular?

    Hmmm...I ordered Part 1 of the Sandman series a few months ago. They said it's not in stock anymore. T_____T

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 16, 2003 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Crisis ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, I'm a fan of Jhonen. I picked up the Director's Cut of his Johnny the Homicidal Maniac series. I hadn't read a US comic for so long that I kept reading from right to left. Very confusing 0_o Unfortunatly those types of comics aren't nearly as popular as stuff that, oh say MARVEL publishes and not very many people get to read it.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Johnny rocks. That comic is complete mind fuck [img]tongue.gif[/img] I love it [img]tongue.gif[/img] And yeah, marvel, god forbid we actually have to think about what we're reading, huh? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Thats why I stoppped reading marvel stuff like 10 years ago [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    -Reikou

  4. #14
    Inactive Member hyaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL I actually stopped reading Marvel because of how you had to read like ten comics a month to follow the storyline (what little there was). I'm sure they did it on purpose to get more money and they cost enough to begin with . . . Oh, for Sandman, I reccomend you don't actually start with number one but instead start with a later volume. That one just got better and better as it went along, but the first one wasn't that great. Or you can check out the Death graphic novels 'Death The High Cost of Living' is the best one.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sexybee's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For Sandman, if you're going with the trade paperbacks (which I assume you are), then I'd reccommend starting with volume 2, The Doll's House. It has a much more organized plotline than the first one, no Marvel crossovers (which he only tried in one or two issues, but they can be confusing for non-Marvel comics readers), and has better quality writing. Or you could try one of the short story collections (I'd go with Dream Country (#3) or Fables and Reflections (#6)). On the non-comics side, he also did an illustrated Sandman story with Yoshitaka Amano, The Dream Hunters, which I just bought. [Yes, I am a total Gaiman fan. How could you tell? [img]smile.gif[/img] ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •