Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: mIRC

  1. #11
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    edit: uhm, and I wonder... has anyone been thinking about an own channel for S-C? since more and more people here seem to start using and liking irc...? (but maybe this has been discussed before and I just missed it *g* sorry in that case ^^;; )
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That idea hasn't been discussed before, and it would be pretty cool. People could serve files if they wanted or it could be a chat room type thing as well (or both). When Crisis gets back from Japan we'll see what she thinks of the idea.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Shishio-sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Shia:
    edit: uhm, and I wonder... has anyone been thinking about an own channel for S-C? since more and more people here seem to start using and liking irc...? (but maybe this has been discussed before and I just missed it *g* sorry in that case ^^;; )

    <font color="#660033"><font size="1">[ July 27, 2003 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Shia ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you guys ever change your mind, I can help you create a channel. (If you need the help that is.)

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yeah! I'm actually going to make an s-c.net IRC channel once I get to college, since I met a girl off the net who visits s-c.net, knows a heck of a lot about IRC, AND is going to Wellesley too. (yay! XD) She's going to help me set it up, and hopefully it'll become semi-popular. ^^** Well, at least enough for there to be chats going on. Cause I love IRC chats. They're incredibly fun!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member bucket_shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! An s-c irc channel would be awesome. ^^ I just recently learnt how to use mirc and now I'm so addicted. XD

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Lamasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRC channel will be very cool - I would definately be visiting it a lot as I am always on IRC. my own channel is fairly dead only visited by friends who don't know where to find me otherwise and its on a small network but with the beautiful advent of multiserver connection I will be happy to dwell in another channel too. I miss chatting on busy channels.

    mircx is mostly frequented with people who want to leech files so I would consider another network if you are interested in mostly chat.

    if you need any help I'll be happy to help [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member xjckimberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2003
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup yup. I'm addicted too. Esp. to file-sharing.

    I'll be glad to help serve the files when you folks set up the channel....(if you're gonna use it to distribute fics, that it)

  7. #17
    Inactive Member kashima_haruomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ermm.....I'm still dunno anything about Irc, and I wanna learn. However s-c.net rocks, because so far, of all sites that offer scanlations that I've come across (Zetsuai, ob-session.net, yaoirulez, etc), only s-c.net offers direct http fully, I think that's the most simple and easy way to download files.(Correct me if I'm wrong, LOL).

  8. #18
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well, I think that s-c.net is very cool htttp or not, but it sure is handy when you're not home or not familiar with mIRC. However, having a channel wouldn't be bad since there is already a lot of poeple who have your stuff on mIRC ( yes, even if it's said "no" in the FAQ) and for those who don't know how to use it, folks here are from all around the world, there should always be one or two on, so you can just connect and from the chan there's always nice people ready to help you ^^

  9. #19
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, the FAQ says that it's now OK for people to serve the files on IRC...as long as the files aren't changed and whatnot ^^


    I only use IRC to get small files...that way the queues aren't so long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •