Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Highest Amount of Supercharged Boost on Stock Internals?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm running 6psi right now.
    I thirst for some more of that awesome linear power band.
    gonna bump it up to like 8 or 9 psi this spring. Hopefully Zip's SMC will be able to control the fuelling well.

Whats the highest amount of boost you guys have ran on stock internals, the setup, and reliability?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3 years at 6psi, 2 years at 10psi. 533 1/8th mile drag passes, 6 1/4 mile passes. 50 or so autox's, 5 days worth of open track.

All stock internals, no map mod, no J&S, no h20 injection. Just common sense, and retarded timing.

In the end.....car was stolen while at the mechanics awaiting new piston rings/valve seals(it smoked a little). Great car, love(d) it.

96 2dr Integra GSR.......R.I.P. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Tony

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 12, 2002 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Max Psi GT ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1 year/15,000 miles at 6psi, 2 years/10,000 miles at 10psi.

Uncountable autocross runs (over 100 miles at least). Dozens of 1/4 mile runs. Just did a track day yesterday, putting about 2 hours of complete track abuse (redlining 3rd and 4th over and over).

Still purring like a kitten!

I don't know if my sig is working, so: 96 GSR, 10psi via CRV crank pulley. Lots of bandaids (BTC, Safeguard, FPR's, TPS hack), big injectors (320cc) and lots of cooling mods.

Like Tony said, a good tune and mature driving go a long way.

Greg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Holden:
    Like Tony said, a good tune and mature driving go a long way.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, thank you....... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I also racked up a total 88,000 miles on the car......54,000 were boosted

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mature driving really pays dividends.
    I've been running 10psi for over a year now with no problems. On the way home from the final autoX of 2002 (yesterday) I decided to disregard the egt guage and full throttle run to the high digits of speed.

I let off throttle when 3 fireballs shot from my tailpipe and stayed burning on the road (confimed by a friend who was behind me [img]wink.gif[/img] ).

When I got the car home, I pulled the plugs and everything was fine. I'll be testing compression tonight, but I suspect that the motor will be fine. It will be back to 6psi for me though.

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I have nearly three years at 10psi... countless customer test drives, over 800 1/4 mile passes and overall a ton of abuse whenever the car is running.

Exceptional fuel tuning... and maybe a touch of luck... is all it takes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so you guys have had 10psi or so on stock internals for a while now.

Yet I always hear of nothing past 7-8psi for turbos on GSR's or else it'll blow up.

Also, for upping the boost, which would you say is better thru your experiences, a stepper pulley or a CRV crank pulley?

Also, what size exhaust setups do you run with your upped boost. I was about to put in a full 2.5" exhaust, headers, cat, and muffler.
    If running 9psi or so, should i bump it up to 3" or would 2.5 still be ok?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MartyMarGSR:
    Yet I always hear of nothing past 7-8psi for turbos on GSR's or else it'll blow up.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

AAhhhhh, nothing like advice from some 18-20yr old punks that couldnt identify a crankshaft from a camshaft....... [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

My advice is to read, read, and read anything and everything you can. Or for a cliff noted version, take a day off work and just read the ENTIRE F.I. Integra boards archives. I never took anyone advice around me, i used all the information from this very board, i cant begin to describe how usefull this little space of the WEB is.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 13, 2002 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Max Psi GT ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Although I don't know if this is the ONLY reason, the fact that our JRSC cars are not ALWAYS in boost is one good reason why we are able to run higher boost levels. That, and the mature driving that Holden mentioned. [img]wink.gif[/img]

I JRSC'd my GSR in February of 2001. Less than a year later, I raised the boost to 9psi using Jim's MMV pulley. Previous to installing my supercharger, the most I ever did with my own car was changing the oil. Thus, much of my time was spent learning about boost, fuel management, and fixing inevitable problems. Nothing, absolutely nothing will take the place of what you can learn from the people on this board. . .

As for exhaust size, I have a 2.5", though it is not mandrel bent, but that was because I had issues with pricing here in Socal. But as far as I know, 2.5" is sufficient for a setup similar to mine. 3.0" would be a little over-kill, and if you have issues with noise-polution, then you'd definately wanna stay AWAY from a 3.0."

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I couldn't have said it better myself Joe...
    Oh, and one more thing Marty... I suggest the stepper pulley over the CRV crank pulley (but then again, I might be a bit biased here... heheh).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast