Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: My Jackson Racing Experience ! (Type R)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So far, I've gone from 172whp to 192whp mostly by tuning the a/f up high with the v-afc. After talking with Shawn at JR, I plan to take a different approach now.

If the weather cooperates next weekend, I'm going to try JR's new advice. I'm going to switch back to the stock fuel pump and lower tip-in fuel pressure to 45-50. Then, I'll install Rafe's TPS trick (thanks Greg for walking me through this) to control tip-in detonation. According to JR, this with the BTC should yield 200whp. I'll let you guys know how it works. Not looking forward to tearing out the back seat to get at the fuel pump...looks like a nasty job.

------------------
    '00ITR#739
    JRSC, JR Walbro FP, JR intake, J&S SafeGuard, JR BTC, v-afc

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 00ITR006:
    anyone?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you've probably read earlier in this thread..it was done by JR on my car. (and my cousin's car) It virtually eliminates the ECU fuel problem @ the top end. I don't know the exact plans on this new "box" or how it will be distributed (ie. price), but it works. Mr. Detail gave a pretty good description of the process earlier. I e-mailed the scanned dyno results form work to home today and to my dismay they didn't make it. (file was probably too big) Starting tomorrow I'm out of town for a week so I'm going to try to get it scanned again tonight before I leave. If not "Spunkster" will have something for you soon. Thanks for your patience. (and I don't know why I don't have a scanner yet) Wish me luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I'll be leaving for Westminster tomorrow after work...around 1am. I just got the BTC this afternoon and will be taking that with me to have installed and also whatever other mods Oscar wants to do. I bought the stuff for the rjaffy tps relay mod, but never installed them. And i won't be able to bring that stuff with me as it's in Phoenix. But I'm gonna take my stock fuel pump with me too in case he wants to put it back in. I will keep everyone posted as to the results of what happens. I'll give any of you a call if you email me with your phone #. [email protected]

I'm also going to be taking my oem intake with me.....just in case we run into problems and I'll go back to stock. Lets hope that doesn't happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check my site for fuel pump install instructions and pictures. It's not hard at all.

------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @6psi, AEM CAI/RSR 4-2-1/Greddy PE, Cartech 20005/Walbro GSS-342/TPS Mod, JR BTC, KYB AGX/H&R OE Sport/ST 19mm Rear Swaybar
    Best 1/4 ==&gt; 13.937 @ 101.41mph
    My JRSC Install Site

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567