Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanx for all your replies!!! Here is the scoop...I still havent pregapped my plugs due to lack of time-will do it tomm- but I wanted to test something else. I had roughly 5-6 gallons of 92 octane gas and I added little bit over 3 gallons 100 octane and I mix it somewhat well with shacking the car left and right. Let it sit for 6 hours and NOTHING THE F**KING sound is still there. I also upped the static up to 69 and that didnt do anything. I noticed also that the sound that I am reffering CANT be made below 3,000 rpm's regardless of gears. I also want to note that all this is part throttle up to 10 vaccuum and passing by it- it seems to disappear around the 5-0vaccum. Does that mean that upping the octane and the sound still there means that its not pre-ignition/detonation? I still havent checked my plugs if they changed color. Also another bothering fact is that my exhaust remains clean- you can barely see any black on it.

Holden: Will Gumout Regain(sp) do the job?
    JDR: I do have breather on my valve cover

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Rado

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2002 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Madracer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holden, are you saying that if your spark plugs don't have shiney/silvery spots, then you aren't getting detonation?

Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A peppering of black specks on the insulators or hairline cracks in the insulators are also indicators of detonation.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 14, 2002 03:44 AM: Message edited by: rjaffey ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12