Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would be curious to comparison of water/alcohol injection vs. intercooler vs. 25 shot nitrous. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. In the long run (considering refill costs) they are close in costs. So it would come down to labor install costs, dependability and max gain of power.

I personally think a small 25 shot of nitrous would provide the largest gain, but with the least dependability and least safest.

Any comments...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's such a rush to flip the switch, go WOT, then hear the clunk from the solenoids as the nitrous starts spraying tho [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

exciv2000,

You have some pretty impressive times for 5400ft. I used to live at 6200ft in Colorado Springs and noticed a 1.2 second difference compared to sea level in North Carolina. My stock LS could only do a 17.3@83mph when I bought it back in '98 in the Springs. I put an Akimoto intake and DC headers and I was hooked... I then had my engine rebuilt at 175,000 miles at Proformance Engines in Denver and it dropped my times down to [email protected]. (During a trip to sea level I did a 15.65@90mph with this set-up). I was addicted and wanted that kind of power at altitude, so I decided to get a JRSC from Pikes Peak Acura. After a YEAR of tuning I got my time down to a [email protected] and then I moved to North Carolina. With this set-up I did a best of 14.8@93mph at sea level (2.4 second 60ft). I averaged a 15.1@93mph with 2.6 second 60ft times. I was beating Type-Rs and older Mustang GTs but wanted to beat all of the newer GTs in my FORD town. So I added drag radials which put me consistently at [email protected] and then added ram air intake, tuned my cams and tuned my shogun power tuner to a 13.9@97mph.

I burned up my bearings a year later and rebuilt my engine to a more supercharger friendly and reliable set up.

Have you taken your civic to sea level yet?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't speak to NOS or an intercooler, but water/alcohol injection is dirt cheap on the refill cost and has been completely reliable so far.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With a 25 to 35 shot of nitrous, you can easily get 20+ 1/4 mile sprays out of a 10 pound bottle. I haven't refilled mine yet, but then again, I only use it at the dragsrip and an occasional street tuning before the dragsrip. Sure water would be cheaper, but I'm really lovin the giggle juice.

Bamdimere is actually at 5800 feet above sea level. Unfortunately I haven't taken my car outside of colorado since I had the blower installed. I'd love to take a trip to Vegas this summer but am going on a cruise for my honeymoon instead. Maybe next year I'll race elsewhere.

I'm pretty impressed so far with my SOHC although my wallet is still none to happy [img]smile.gif[/img] Considering I was getting an average of 18.6 with I/H/E alone up here on the sohc, I'm guessing my car was somewhere in the 19s bone stock. I'm also really impressed with the stock clutch thus far. I have an ACT clutch and lightened Clutchmasters aluminum flywheel standing by for insertion should the stock one take a crap on me anytime soon.

Thanks for the compliments on my car and times, I've spent a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and money on the thing, and it's rewarding to have it pay off like it has so far. My ultimate goal is high 14s up here with the full interior and drag radials, which I hope to accomplish this year without the use of a hondata... if I can do that, I think everything will be for sale and I'll go onto some other project like a 18T or a supra or something. Who knows, time will tell [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 05, 2003 11:05 PM: Message edited by: exciv2000 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck with your saga of high 14s at 5800ft. That should translate to mid 13s at sea level. You should be pretty damn close to 14 flat right now at sea level. Shit hot for a SOHC.! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Mid 13s is my goal as well. Hopefully with the help of 25 shot or intercooler. Haven't decided yet, but still have 18 months left over here in Korea to decide.

Have fun on your honeymoon [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ! And remember talking about your car to your wife isn't sexy in her book. [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] Haha

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456