Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LHT Performance intercooled M62 JRSC on a B18B running 8 psi question(s).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Keebler65, LHT has dynos on its own website. I believe the website is www.lhtperformanc.net.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And again listed by number... [img]smile.gif[/img]

1. You don't want to use the Jackson riser and any injectors larger than 270's on that setup - the reason that huge injectors are used is to lower fuel pressures. At WOT with 9PSI you will see about 90PSI of fuel presure on a system designed for 45, so you can see why folks go the big injector low fuel pressure route (which will require an adjustable fuel regulator, the stock pump, a VAFC or Hondata if $$$ isn't a problem).

2. Cripes - $1700, sounds like a decent deal... be sure to look that blower over really well, see if the nose is tight and that the coating is still on the rotors.

3. Definitely get the MAP mod - again the drivability is way better, and if you score a SAFC/VAFC you would be able to tune fuel at 16 points in your RPM range, thus making a smoother power curve, and ultimately be nicer to your motor.

By the way - another way to go is Hondata, but, for the 3,472 time, I haven't seen a B18B JRSC that is quicker/more HP than the "old" way of tuning - and I'm cheap so I stuck with the old way [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 217gsr:
    Keebler65, LHT has dynos on its own website. I believe the website is www.lhtperformanc.net.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oh i read your original post wrong. i thought you had a hookup to some dynos from an independent source. my bad [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what about getting a different disc for the jr fpr? the one in the jr fpr is a 12:1, correct? what about a vortech 10:1 or 8:1 disc? money is without a doubt my biggest factor. would you still recommend the 342 pump and stock injectors, or the dsm 450s with stock pump? anyone more than the other? yeah, ill be goin over that jrsc with a fine toothed comb. i trust his word though; hes letting me pick it up and most people who try to scam you one way or another strictly forbid pick up. exactly how do you tune a safc? lets use the second generation apexi safc for example. it says that the fuel curve can be set in 200 rpm increments; does that mean it will only effect that rpm or that rpm and above? it also says that the range of fuel adjustment is 12 points +/- 50% at each of the user defined setting points; are the setting points the 200 rpm increments or something else? btw, what is your cheap method of tuning?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the numbering thing seems to work, so here we go again.

1. The JR FMU is fixed at 5:1 - non-adjustable. It works fine... the "newer" FMU's (after Fall 2001) haven't experienced the kind of trouble the older ones did.

2. I would say that if you are trying to save cash, stick with the stock injectors and buy the HP pump.... the pump is $100, and you don't have to screw with the injectors.

3. The VAFC/SAFC increases or decreases fuel delivery at a given RPM. You know what RPM's at which you need to add fuel or take it away by using a dyno with an A/F meter, that prints a plot and you adjust accordingly, to make the air/fuel ratio read in a flat as possible line on the graph.

(see this page, look at the graph, you can see what adjusting the VAFC did for flattening the A/F on my car) http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult.../f/110/t/11724

It will affect the fueling on either side of the predefined point - exactly how much depends on the setting of the points, you need to experiment. This varies vehicle to vehicle.

4. "Cheap" tuning is using the JR unit and the stock injectors.

I think alot of the questions that you are asking are more GSR oriented; the LS guys haven't needed to go this route (LS folks please chime in), like the need for a Cartech, etc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

here's my .02, i think you should go ahead with Cam gears and see what hp you can get out of it.
    I was thinking of getting the LHT as well but $1000 is alot of $$$$ to dump for minimal increase in power.

defconsc

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's my 2 cents

Screw the JR map controller and the other band aids. Get yourself a Hondata and some larger injectors and go get it dyno tuned. I picked up a used Hondata 2B with 440 injectors for $400 on ebay. It even cam with a GSR computer!!

I don't know how much power my Water injection gave me, but I am running 18 degree advance timing with my 8.8:1 compression ratio. I had the Hondata dyno tuned with running a 50/50 mix of alcohol. My intake temp was a rock solid 115 degrees on a 80 degree day. In fact, the temp was hotter when city driving off boost than at full boost with water injection. I did notice a seat of the pants difference. But the most noticable differnece is the repeatability when dragging. I don't know about you guys but when I made back to back drag runs I would loose 2 tenths off each time I did the quarter due to heat soak. I had to ice for 15 minutes to repeat the first time. Now I can just pop the hood while sitting in line for 5 minutes and be consistant.

I think I you would see better gains with spending $1000 on a hondata with water injection than just an intercooler by itself.

But that's my 2 cents...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

keep the stock injectors, get a jr map controller for better driveability, but whats an HP pump? High Pressure? or is it a brand? or size?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

High pressure, a la Walbro GSS-342.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Walbro 255LPH High Pressure Fuel Pump with Kit (new filter screen-tube rubber etc)
    1994-1999 Acura Integra

1992-2000 Honda Civic

Part# GSS 342 Kit #400-846

$105 Delivered

Walbro 255LPH HP #GSS 342 Kit #400-846"

found this on www.importpoweronline.com
    this what im looking for?

just found this also: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2437325523
    same thing it looks like; you agree?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 21, 2003 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Hites ]</font>

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast