Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 18's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SuperJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2001
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK I'm not here to listen to you guysbabble about how 18's are too big and would look stupid on a 4g. I'd like to get that off my chest right now. But what I was wondering is, do 18's come in 18x7 or even 18x7.5? And if need be, could an 18x8 fit? right now I got 17x7 and don't have any problems, even with rear discs might I add.It's not the diameter I'm worried about, it's the width. If anyone has an idea, let me know thanx.

    ------------------
    Self improvement is masterbation, self destruction is the answer

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sastanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2001
    Posts
    368
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw pics of a CRX with 18's and I thought it looked cool. The biggest disadvantage is the additional rotational mass, and the taller gearing your car will have. If you are already rolling on 17's then this prolly isn't an issue for you so go for it if you like it.
    As for the width, you might need to do a little research...check the clearance of your tires when your wheels are all the way turned in both directions. You can buy fatter (wider wheels) and put skinny tires on it. I think it would look silly and negate the purpose of a 7.5" or 8" wheel anyway. Those of us with stock 13x5" wheels can't help you much on the clearance issues. wink

    ------------------
    -Shawn
    91 DX 4-door
    4-doors rock & I want a ZC motor! Willing to rebuild. Anybody got one for sale?

    [This message has been edited by sastanley (edited September 20, 2001).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member civiccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2001
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    18 x 7.5 momo sport's on 21540ZR18 Michelin (JDM...they were tough to get and expensive) Pilot sport's work fine. On almost all Civic's and CRX's you need to roll the rear fender a little for clearence. The front has way...WAY more clearance then the back. I have a set of H&R 1.75 drop on Monroe struts and it's all good. Lately I've been riding on 6 yr old ASA 5 spoke 15x8's with Continental 20550R15's , old rims because of my few unfortunate crashes along with the awesome wheel alignment changes/mod...from the latest crash. I really don't want to ruin the Michelin's.


    Forgot to mention I have a 45 offset on the Momo's.
    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by civiccrx (edited September 21, 2001).]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jdmefcivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had 18inch racing harts c5 on my civic...And they looked sweet but big rims are getting old so i sold them...But they do fit...

    ------------------
    Jdm super freak....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member civiccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2001
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you have pics of the c'5 on your civic? I would love to see how they looked.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jdmefcivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://pastreetracing.org/readers/pi...JUNE/civic.gif
    Here was a picture of it with the rims...

    ------------------
    Jdm super freak....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member civiccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2001
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice rims, but those aren't Racing Harts. Racing Hart c5's were a 3 piece rims and those are clearly a one piece knock off. They still look a lot like them though.

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jdmefcivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those are the one piece evo editon of the c5's in gun metal .....They are the real thing...Shit i paid $2800 for them...

    ------------------
    Jdm super freak....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member civiccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2001
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool, that would clear it up for me then.

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •