Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yay, I got an intact replacement front passenger LCA in yesterday. That thing is heavy. $45 shipped from a salvage yard in California.

Fluid Motorsports in Tacoma has a '93 parts donor and is advertising pieces in craigslist but I didn't know he had an intact front end. I got a red bumper cover and the two aux lights for $100. The cover had one small break in the opening and the aux lights had some rust and broken/missing plastic on the mounting brackets area. Of course, I didn't see that until after I was home. That's what I get for being in a hurry.

He still has some pieces and seems to be willing to negotiate. The glass looks like it's all there and in good condition. Too bad the seals are the old units.

Swapping out the LCA doesn't look too tough. I just have to find the time and get motivated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not that bad to do, but you may want to do an aignment after it's done even though your not touching the tie rod.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, definitely an alignment is in order. I would have done it after the collision anyways, probably. It's a good thing the car is in mom's garage which is about four blocks from Les Schwab. I'm going to take the opportunity to put the four-point undercarriage brace on while I'm down there. It probably won't do much beside scraping the parking lot entrance but what the hey. Now, if only the grass would stop growing so fast. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How bout i motivate you with some popeyes to swap out my rear LCA ???

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by BiffStroganoffsky:
    Yay, I got an intact replacement front passenger LCA in yesterday. That thing is heavy. $45 shipped from a salvage yard in California.

Fluid Motorsports in Tacoma has a '93 parts donor and is advertising pieces in craigslist but I didn't know he had an intact front end. I got a red bumper cover and the two aux lights for $100. The cover had one small break in the opening and the aux lights had some rust and broken/missing plastic on the mounting brackets area. Of course, I didn't see that until after I was home. That's what I get for being in a hurry.

He still has some pieces and seems to be willing to negotiate. The glass looks like it's all there and in good condition. Too bad the seals are the old units.

Swapping out the LCA doesn't look too tough. I just have to find the time and get motivated.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Take him up on Khoi, the rears are easier to install then the fronts are.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I see the hard part of that is going to be standing in line at Popeye's. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ok, I just got another box from the people in CA. They must have been smoking some good stuff because they sent me another LCA. Everything looks the same except for the bushing on the rear connector. Also, the first linkage they sent me has a piece with RA 14 on it whereas the second unit has what looks to be the proper SR 3 number. I'll have to wait until Friday to see which one is the right one...if any.