Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been trying to figure out what this part is and in all the diagrams I have come across it isn't pictured. I have tried to describe it to others but I guess a picture really is worth a thousand words. This is the best picture I could find without having to go and take a new picture. I'm sure Geo or one of the more mechanically inclined members will know. I circled the area in red.
    It is mounted just behind the valve cover between the distributer cap and the fuel rail. I seem to have some kind of leak all underneath that general area and it appears to be from whatever that part is.

part1

Remember....it's the D16Z6 motor. I will try and get a better picture of just that part. Thanks for any info.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did a little more reading and I'm pretty sure it's the vtec solenoid. Looks as though it might need a new gasket if it is indeed leaking from there. But it looks more like coolant than oil that is leaking. I know the thermostat housing is behind there but it doesn't appear to be leaking. I am almost certain now that it is the vtec solenoid but would still appreciate any information on this part....where to get a gasket....maintenance for that part....etc.
    Thanks again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it's VTEC cylinoid that's circled. Don't think would leak coolant. I have B16, so guessing it might be your intake manifold hoses, that run to throttle body.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by reewinder:
    I did a little more reading and I'm pretty sure it's the vtec solenoid. Looks as though it might need a new gasket if it is indeed leaking from there. But it looks more like coolant than oil that is leaking. I know the thermostat housing is behind there but it doesn't appear to be leaking. I am almost certain now that it is the vtec solenoid but would still appreciate any information on this part....where to get a gasket....maintenance for that part....etc.
    Thanks again.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, like Arron stated it's the VTEC solenoid. As to leaking, it is a magnetic device, so no liquid is used. Your best bet is to clean the area and check after to see where it's coming from and as to what it is, oil or water.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx