Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Misc: Ok guests, register and post dammit!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do check here from time to time, but I hate Hostboard with a passion. I miss when it was hosted on Eiko's husband's domain, but I guess it's too late to complain about that now.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats wrong with hostboard?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I noticed that they've fixed their little speed problem, but I don't like shared boards unless they're part of a bigger system like GameFAQs or something like that, you know?

It's just a personal preference of mine, that's all. It would be nice if someone had some webspace so you could set up a phpBB there or something, though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I see. I didn't like that either, but it turned out to be no problem since nobody bothers us, and you don't ever have to visit the index or other boards (in fact some people don't even know they're there). However, I'll keep your opinion in mind if we ever need to move.

BTW, you probably haven't heard of Proto Omega. Once I find a decent PHP host, I'm going to upload a site I made for the community to host articles, important/valuable/historic/interesting posts, reviews, fanfics of any kind, etc. by any of our members, keep a detailed (or not) profile of everybody, have regular polls, etc. This site will be private, and we'll be hosting our best stuff there. Perhaps you'd like it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was slow as hell when we first joined. Besides that, it's essentiall phpBB's equal.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT Delyoto Roo: Welcome back! What's so bad about this site? It's reasonably fast (faster than when we signed up, though it was faster than this a few months ago; it's normal as traffic increases, until they buy more bandwidth and so on), it has all the features you'd want from a message board, and most importantly, it has very friendly, understanding administrators who respect and appreciate our board and members. Besides, it has no popups for IE users, and no disgusting ads.

We'd have stayed in Hottub.org, but we had to move because of two issues. First, they acted like they owned the board and wanted to do as they pleased with the rules. Second, we couldn't even say "shit". Anything was wrong with them. Fizzy publicly questioned my posts and actions, like he was the master of the place and everything good. I thought we couldn't develop as a community and have fun in a board we were constantly frown at, and they were forcing me to act in a way I didn't want to.

In the end, I felt the board was theirs, that I was just working for them as a moderator. Most members were not happy and they were not having fun. Some of them were very aware of this too, and didn't like the way Fizzy treated me.

I didn't simply move though. I was forced to leave when they wanted to impose another rule to mod offtopic on Eiko's thread, and I dared to say I was not happy with that rule. Fizzy's reply was to delete the board. Furthermore, I saw he had actually disabled it, and was waiting for me to apologize and hand over the control of the board completely, which is something I would never do. They wanted to subdue me and steal our board, and it was my duty and obligation to avoid that from happening. Most people -who are the ones I really work for, never any admin- supported the decision of moving away to regain our old rules and atmosphere, and I haven't looked back since.

However, if there's something you find annoying in the board as it is now, please let me know of it, and I'll do what I can to make it better.

Edit: BTW, I was stupid enough not to talk much about this subject before, even after moving. Ah well. I guess it's a matter of experience. Now I wouldn't have coped with inquisitive admins for more than a month, no matter how good the board.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 19, 2005 12:50 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol 11 guests (edited twice already)

Read the first page of this thread.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 20, 2005 11:33 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123