Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

More questions:
    -How big is the ship? Are we talking <u>big ol'container ship</u>?
    I mean, I'd imagine <u>something a bit smaller</u>, since we left port with only a crappy compass and a crappy map, and we've only got one engineer, one cook, and one medic. So I'm thinking not quite a supertanker.

-How many people are still alive? Do we have dead bodies to deal with, or do we assume that anyone who managed to wash up on the island is alive?

-What was our ship carrying? Or do we decide that later? Does only the captain know, perhaps?

-What are the existing relationships between the crew like? I've gathered that Martin and Chris might be on fairly good terms, while Frost has shown signs of animosity towards the captain, and probably blames him for the wreck. Nora seems to be a newcomer, and rather optimistic. She also seems to blame Chris for her being on the island.

That's my take anyway. Correct me if need be.

EDIT: Sometimes I wonder about this place. The ooc thread, for instance, has around 400 posts but something like 5000 views. This means that for every post, the thread has been looked at over 10 times. This seems to be a recurring feature of all our threads.
    Looking at the first page I see that "Pirates" and "Lionheart" have one reply each, but more than thirty views. Even the latest 'shipwrecked' post has many more views than posts.
    What's going on? On another forum, you'd expect this becuase often people may read a thread to gain information, and not bother to post. But there are only a handful of people who read Incident (I expect - If you read this and we don't know you, introduce yourself) and it's not like we get much out of reading threads when we don't intend to post.
    Hypotheses?

<font color="#333366" size="1">[ January 06, 2006 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've (once more) made edits to the thread's introduction, hopefully this will sort out any additional problems people have been having with the setting.

The existing relationships are what you make of them. Note the word "roleplaying". I don't mind if people blame Chris's character for being on the island. Other than a bit of annoyance at the situation though, I'd say we all get along.

We can decide exactly what we were carrying later. The captain, along with the rest of the crew, knows what it is. I personally don't have the foggiest idea yet.

The people that post are the ones that are alive. If we want to deal with dead bodies we can do so, it could be an interesting scenario but personally I think we can steer clear without too many problems.

Me-Martin-Frost-Nora.
    If there's a problem with that, then we'll move to a "wait two posts before you post again" rule.

It is a roleplay in the end though. Do what you wish.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry for the delay, guys. I've been lazy. I have posted. I probably will again some time.

If changes need to be made to what I've done, I'll make changes to what I've done. I may need hints, though.

Party hard.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I probably should have posted earlier since you took a while, Gerald. But no matter, we've all posted now and hopefully it'll continue.

Except for Clarke, but I still haven't gotten around to telling him. He needs to come online more often.

I think that in a thread like this, where we're likely to be moving as a group, it's acceptable to move other people's characters, as long as we don't take too many liberties - things like "Martin said "OK" and flicked the switch" are OK, whereas things like "Martin took off his pants and danced around before knocking himself unconscious with a wooden spoon" would not be OK.

Something tells me we covered this in a previous thread. But are there any objections?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quite right. Actually, just in case I wander off for a bit, Gerald in Shipwrecked is now free for use by you lot (within reason - As Chris says, pants are sacred).

Should be all for now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please don't wait up for me either.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I, too, am a lazy shite who is overcome by apathy and goes on MSN every single night but can't be bothered putting my two cents into a board.

I guess it doesn't matter, it's just a bit sad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So you're all giving up again?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think we're ever going to make a proper conscious decision to leave and never come back. Or rather, we have already, time and time again, and we've had our little resurgences even so. If this place dies, it won't be because of anyone giving up.

When does this page end? Two posts? One? It's getting too long, and I'm tiring of it.

Also: Anybody else notice the message on Granaboard changing? I think it's really cool that they're there. I also think it's really cool that the Legendary Dark Knights still haven't overtaken us, even though they post regularly. I also find it particularly awesome that the board below Pants has negative three topics...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was going to say something about the negative topics board but couldn't be bothered. I thought that the legendary dark knights were well past us?
    EDIT- Having checked computer games, LDK have over 300 topics. What are you smoking, Gerald?

Sorry about earlier, I got the impression from "don't wait up for me" followed by "I am a lazy shite... can't be bothered posting" etc, (paraphrased) that you guys had had enough. Also from the horrifically slow post rate on the shipwreck thread. What is it that you guys do in your spare time that is so much more exciting?