Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! I'm being made example of... Terrific. Was it about not using your calculator to do everything? Well, tell him that when i SAID i'D FORGET EVERYTHING (sorry for shouting, I'm drunk) I did forget it all and today I learned integration by substitution (again), But I'm passing, with a 6.5 grade point average right now. So fuck you, Clarke, you violent asshole.

Paragraph. I gonna type wrongly for abit becos it's hardl. Is stent still @Q your school>? man, he was a dick, wasn' eh? hahaha, I just read that again. Chris, I broke up with my girlfrined and now she hates me (because she's stupid) I dunno. And she won't tyaqlk to me so whatevever. I'm used to fuck@ed up reelathinships anyway. I'm too drunk to be writing here. Yes. (sorry, that was direcxted at mary. Yes, I'm going. This is unimpoirtant. Bcos scotgt has some kiond of fancy ticket so I can get in cheap. Butg my weekend will be so packed. On friday, I havwe a party. Sataurdaym, it's wargaming swapmeet out at Spreydon. Saturday night, party bcos jeremy's coming. Sunday, more swapmeeting. then monday, school. Man. it's already been one third of the term. I've done no work. Have you? nope. didn't think so.
    For those of you nopt in the know. Yes you may. Mary had to pee. For those of you nopt in the know, uni terms are 6 weeks. enjoy. hurry up anmd finish school you lazy fuckewrsas, That word was fuckers. haha scott had to spew. cough koff. I biuyght spiderman comics. I';m going because I';m losing coherency. Say hi to rufus for me. and everyone else who knows me. Even the guys and giurls I hatew, and tell them that I hate them. Why am I listening to this song? its' bryan adams. with a y, pparently. k cya.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh EDIT: and clarke, we don't eant a catr sorryl. thanks anyway. dmn laptops. shitty keys. f for ruck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The end of year leaver's survey is an interesting thing that I am fortunate enough to read, given my position on the Board of Trustees.

Every single comment about Stent was a negative one, ranging from "He's creepy" to "He shouldn't be teaching - he can't teach".

He read them.
    Gave his notice, took all of his remaining holiday hours, and left.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, uh, who's teaching comp then? Do you guys still have access to the computer room?

Inactive Member danielwoodfield's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, that drunk post made less sense that Chris! I'm proud of you, Tiberius. We don't have a computer teacher at the mo, just some useless Canadian (sorry Gerald, but he had it coming). And as for time in the computer room ... well, I have spent more time on this post than I have spent in the computer room all year. Sucks to be us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Pearson's gone too and a Mr Merritt has come to replace him as the fixer guy. We talked to him when we were trying to get Quake going on all of the computers and he sounded disgusted with the lack of security in the whole thing. He figured anyone could jack in and hijack the whole system and might have been right there, but he didn't understand some things. It had been tried before but it didn't work because the guy's friends ratted him out and got him expelled. Or so I hear.
    Anyway, Merritt obviously has a very simplistic approach: A broken network is a secure network. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, it seems.

We did load Quake up onto a machine in a computer room (Celerons? 248MiB RAM, reasonable quick, we figured) and got an average of about three frames per second. We turned all of the options off and got to about ten. We then proceeded to give up on it. We could have made it work with time but it wasn't worth it, really.

The incoherence was a little enlightening, I think. I figure I'm sitting (in true Vimes style) two drinks under, default. Knurd, as it were.
    The example being made was of some people's difficulty in grasping differential equations.

Oh, and I also hear that people were indeed telling each other to rate Stent like that. A coordinated effort. The guy must feel pretty bad, though.
    TMCM runs the main computer room, as far as I know, and people seem to be getting along alright. I haven't talked to anyone in an actual computer class, though.

We need to carry out an investigation on the effects of alcohol on gaming abilities. I should d00l Chris to 20 or something, a drink of some kind for one of us (or both, if we're that way inclined) and perhaps quarter of an hour between each match.
    No, scrap that. A beer in between each of a set of games of Tetris. Sufficient sober practice before starting, of course, and we should get a couple of people starting at once for each round.
    Now, making me possibly the nerdiest person around here, we could graph the results, a line per person, x-axis being consumption and y tetris time or tetris score. Probably the latter.
    Damn, I'm not even sure if I should be posting this.

I like the fact that, in the middle of his keyboard mashing ramble, Tiberius recognises one of his typos and points our attention to it, like it's different from the others. And then beginning a paragraph with "Paragraph." And "Sorry for shouting, I'm drunk"... Really good to know that there's something recognisably similar to clever in there, even when he makes that little sense. A hint of dry humour, a dab of sarcasm, an underlying flavour of oak and chocolate.

Inactive Member danielwoodfield's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FYI: TMCM = Too Much Coffee Man
    This is a reference to both Mr Blogg, and to our favourite web hero at http://tmcm.com/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm currently arguing with one of the head RAs about how shit the food in this place is. God I want steak. Words of advice: Enjoy your meat while you've got it. /shudder

Yea, sorry about posting whilst really drunk.
    Gerald, beer tetris sounds like a good idea. Well done. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Physics labs are incredibly boring. Imagine being in physics for 3 hours. Straight. With those stupid stools instead of proper chairs. Dammit.

I hate the way everything costs so much bloody money. I have to pay to print my f*cking homework off. Screw that.

And on a final note, writing this may have been a waste of time if this computer crashes or something. Stupid computer.

Ciao.
    :U

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has anybody else noticed that Incident is creeping closer ad closer to the top of the computer games board?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Things have died down a little. Games abound, perhaps? Martin, I challenge you. The Sonnet Game, some house rules: Spenserian Sonnet form, just to be different, time frame unset but within reasonable limits. If you haven't put something up (and fourteen words for someone else, perhaps) I'll chalk you down for a loss.

Within
    Real
    Begin
    Feel

Ideal
    Coast
    Zeal
    Roast

Toast
    Idiopathic
    Boast
    Lycanthropic

Cully
    Sully

I fully realise that some doesn't rhyme perfectly but I'm ok with that. It has to be there for some reason, anyway.
    In Persian rugs one imperfection is always put in intentionally because only the Gods are perfect.*
    Perhaps "Within" at the beginning isn't so good, and bad use of "Begin" could be disastrous.
    I used a word finder to get Idiopathic but I know what the others mean. Next time.

* - I do not know if the better made, geometric cousin of the Persian Rug the Turkish Rug is held by the same constraints.

No, wait. You should lay your challenge to someone before doing this. Preferrably not me, if only so the circle extends a little. Make it a little more interesting.

<font color="#333366" size="1">[ August 09, 2004 05:58 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Blake ]</font>