Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chris Wesley:
    It's the forum of a gaming magazine ... though at times they can be real elitist assholes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So still kinda similar to this one??

I don't know about re-starting anything here, it'll just die.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a bit of a negative attitude...

I think this place works well as our own little corner of the internet.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It'll never be anything more. How the hell would we advertise it to the masses?
    "Incident - The roleplaying forum with no active threads or members. Join hundreds of fellow gamers in their apathy."

I've been going through old threads, and anything that looked remotely interesting (the western one) was started in March. I'm actually keen for a roleplay thread again, if we can get people posting regularly.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why can't you post in the western one? Just because it fell off the bottom of the page doesn't mean it's dead and buried. I'm pretty sure nobody else posted in it. I can't even remember what it was about. A cowbow shootout or something, isn't it? Go post in it. If it dies, well, shit. But you might as well try.

We're a bit older now, and presumably more mature. I don't think that every one of our characters needs to have a lightsaber _and_ be invincible. And I'm sure we can avoid rearranging our posts to put them in chronological order.

EDIT: Just looked at the main page. You've been busy. Hope you didn't BUMP your head.

<font color="#333366" size="1">[ December 29, 2005 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've sent emails to people, asking them to turn up here all at the same time. It didn't get through to Clarke though. Hope I can catch him online sometime. Sending a txt or telling him in person just seems wrong for some reason.

The reason I haven't tried to start something up is because in my opinion we need people here all at once in order to get it started again.

New Year's eve is tomorrow. I'm currently looking for good Vanilla Vodka cocktails. It's a formal party in that we must dress formally, and that's where the formalities end.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm here again. I don't have a job any more. That finishes on the 31st, so I imagine that by about the 5th I'll be glad for diversion.

I am committed to not being perfect. That was kind of silly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Formal party, huh? I've finished making banners/paper swords/cardboard shields in order to have a pacifist warfare battle tomorrow. Afterwards I will be getting drunk at the New Years party. There's no theme. It's one of them KAOS things. :s

Chris, I think the best way to 'restart' things is to have a thread (or several, even) ready for people to post in when they show up.

EDIT: I occasionally have difficulty accessing threads. I get an error message instead. It seems to happen when Gerald's posted recently...
    *shifty eyes*

<font color="#333366" size="1">[ December 30, 2005 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seems as though the onus is on me to get this event started, so I'll have some threads ready.

Last night's new years party was great fun, there was drinking and fire dancing and setting Erin's lawn on fire with meths. All in all, a huge success that Erin should be proud of. I had fun.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Month-old rebuttle:

Originally posted by Tiberius Frost.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gerald Blake:
    (All that stuff about writing stories instead of roleplaying)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wasn't that the point of the roleplaying? I thought the idea was to build a story, where each character would have a unique personality because their side of the story had been written by a different person...
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I mostly agree with Tibsy. I have nothing against story based projects but Gerald can't pretend they are better. Gerald started a chapter-by-chapter story and we encountered the same problems as always.

Also, I promise to never again make bizzare posts and then rearrange them later.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's 8:30, Nora isn't here and I have no threads ready. I just ate dinner. It was steak, in case anyone wants to know. Dessert will be soon so I'll exit again for that.

I thought about resurrecting the WWW thread, as it looked mildly interesting, but Clarke isn't here and I'm not keen on a new combat thread. Which is where it was heading.

I've just put up a new thread, it's less combat than people may be used to.

Just in case I haven't made myself clear, THERE ARE NO "LOST" REFERENCES ALLOWED. Aside from the usual "deserted" stuff. Nothing supernatural, please.

Should we establish a posting order?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A posting order isn't a bad idea. It forces people to post (unless they kill off their character) and stops others taking over the thread.

www.west was not intended as a combat thread, I don't think. Actually, I don't remember. Anyway, I had hoped that it might have gone either way. It has potential, at least. I think.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So far the posting order for Shipwrecked is Me-Martin-Frost. If other people arrive then they will be added to the list. We should try to stick to the order, unless it's been a stupid amount of time (in which case people probably just don't care anymore or something).

This need not be the posting order for every thread. If we do this for a while, then the posting order should be established by the first post from each person, then kept that way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I wasn't here. I was busy elsewhere. I also missed Gilmore Girls, if it makes you feel any better.

Um. Thanks Mr. Wesley, glad you had fun.

And, could you give a more definite time period for Shipwrecked? I'm afraid I have no idea when generators were/are standard. Or if GPS was at the same time. And if I've broken something already, tell me and I shall edit.