Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jordan Compton was not a great basketball player unless the definition of "great" has changed a heck of a lot recently. Jordan was a "great" pitcher(I hear) but the word decent would be more fitting in terms of his basketball ability. Ryan is a decent basketball player as well but lets face it his sport is football. I hear everyone saying he is a really good baseball player but since not too many people care about baseball I don't really know and I haven't been to a baseball game in like 10 years or more. It's kinda like volleyball or softball not too many people follow it except the ones who play and their parents.

My prediction for the regional finals is Twin Valley versus Castlewood...and Castlewood won't be a cakewalk...you heard it hear first.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jordan Compton was not a great basketball player unless the definition of "great" has changed a heck of a lot recently. Jordan was a "great" pitcher(I hear) but the word decent would be more fitting in terms of his basketball ability. Ryan is a decent basketball player as well but lets face it his sport is football. I hear everyone saying he is a really good baseball player but since not too many people care about baseball I don't really know and I haven't been to a baseball game in like 10 years or more. It's kinda like volleyball or softball not too many people follow it except the ones who play and their parents.

My prediction for the regional finals is Twin Valley versus Castlewood...and Castlewood won't be a cakewalk...you heard it hear first.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not once have i said Jones was not a great athlete. Read boys read just a little. He is a very good football player and a good baseball pitcher/player, but he is as James said and as i said a decent basketball player and that may be giving him a little. Like or not, every great athlete is not good at everything. I typed this very slow for those of you who fail to read the whole context of my posts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did not mean to start a big fight about all of this. My point was the kids from Council aren't half as great as everyone acts like. Barton flops and is not a leader at all. Epling can shoot but isn't quick enough or dominant enough in any area. The exchange student im not 100% sure about but I havent heard anything amazing. As for Jones and Haysi, my point is Kevin Viers isn't the entire team. He is the leader and the team relies on him a lot, but there are others there to back him up. And I never once said "Ryan Jones is the best athlete ever". I simply stated that he is an amazing athlete and one of the strongest around so he crashes the boards and plays with intensity and yeah he shoots 3's but he hits most of them as well as the garbage shots inside as you stated. He's not the quick of the dribble shooter that is Viers' job. His athleticism and strength will cause problems for a lot of teams though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

did anyone say that jones was better than epling or barton? i don't think so. Did anyone say jones was an awesome basketbal player? i dont think so. Did they state that jones could do some damage? yes, they did and jones can do damage.

i reference to jones not being a good basketball player, i would have to beg to differ. He may not be the best in district, but saying he is not a good one is complete ingorance. Jones can beat and bang inside, can match up with bigger guys because of his strength, get rebounds, play D on big guys and smaller guy becuase of his natural athletic ability, can hit 3's and has decent post moves. i would call that a pretty solid basketball player. But i guess air-ran considers having those skills being not "good"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You guys sure can be a rowdy bunch on here. Is it possible to come to blows across the internet. What's up Air-ran.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey anselmo how is it going big man, it is only goinbred here that cant take that he has little man syndrome. You see being a good basketball player and a decent one is different but trying to explain that to someone like him is useless and frankly i do not have time for people who can only call people idiots. Jones is a decent basketball player he is not a good one, so live with it because it is the truth. Now go play with your little self.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Air-Ran:
    "Jones is not a good basketball player"

I am not for sure, but i think you posted that very line...if you think that is saying that someone "is not good" means they are decent...you must be a complete idiot

and i never once said that you questioned his athletic ability...i simply stated that he was a solid basketball player

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does haysi have the most dominant players NO but a team is not made up of great players a team is made up of players playing together I think a lot of people will step up for us. Kevin scoring jones with a couple of 3s rebounding and just being physical andrew anderson can shoot but to this poins just folds under pressure he is older and can step up and im not sure if he will play but josh yates can do more than take up space the barton boys are role players but thats not a bad thing and josh wallace is a solid player. On their own none are great but together they could be very formitable.

on a side note Barton for council is a joke and is an embarassment to watch,have some pride and stop acting like an idiot

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does haysi have the most dominant players NO but a team is not made up of great players a team is made up of players playing together I think a lot of people will step up for us. Kevin scoring jones with a couple of 3s rebounding and just being physical andrew anderson can shoot but to this poins just folds under pressure he is older and can step up and im not sure if he will play but josh yates can do more than take up space the barton boys are role players but thats not a bad thing and josh wallace is a solid player. On their own none are great but together they could be very formitable.

on a side note Barton for council is a joke and is an embarassment to watch,have some pride and stop acting like an idiot

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast