Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did not get to make it out to the game last night. Anyone have any comments/summaries on the game? I heard it was a great game and the Letcher team looked much better than originally predicted. Was that true or did Haysi just not really play like Haysi as happened against Lee?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didnt make it to the game but from what I hear letcher has improved a lot they have a good coach and the numbers so they should be a pretty successful program

It was good for us to see a team that runs the spread that much we know what Honaker and Clintwood want to do offensivley maybe this will help us prepare for PV I think we have a problem with one of our corners he is a good player but maybe he is better suited to play safety just my opnion what is important is a win is a win

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to the game and IMHO Lecher is not a bad team reguardles of what there record is. Haysi had good success passing the ball but Lecher did a good job containing the run (Barton had some nice runs but Powers seems to stay bottled up all night) Lecher moved the ball well with the short pass (Haysi was droping back and giving the 5 yard pass that half the time turned into big gains) Haysi did better when they sold out with the Blitz but Letcher made them pay for it a time or two.

It was a fun game to watch and near the end I got the feeling that the last team to get the ball would win the game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at the game as well and I couldn't tell whether we weren't playing well or Letcher was just that good. Their passing game was awesome and they always seemed to come away with a 1st down on third and long. They weren't able to run the ball on us though. Our run defense looked as good as ever.