Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: ROCK CONCERTS

Here's a better one I took in Denver.This photo was taken on 4/30/08

And one I took backstage with Jon Carin a phenomenal musician..

Rogers sons name is Harry Waters.. He is playing in Rogers band now,playing piano and some keys...
    I also snapped one of many of Graham Broads drum set. Jon said something about playing it or using as a tympani IIRC.

Heres a video I shot of the Great Gig with Carol Kenyon bringing the house down for which she received a standing ovation !!!

http://youtu.be/Tg5URUetTMM

And once you get past the camera shake in the first 30 seconds, this video gets good "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" you don't know how hard it is to stand there with a digital camera in the middle of a Rock Concert trying to hold it still for 10-15 minutes at a time. I was getting better by the end of the night though..

http://youtu.be/LtNgl0YamWM
    Last edited by Altec Best; June 12th, 2012 at 03:14 AM.

Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hello

I would like to remind you that this thread is about equipment not performers . Theres another thread (Favourite artist) that you should use for this.
    Last edited by Altec Best; June 16th, 2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Removed my Personal Photo's !

HB Super Moderator
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

And I would like to remind you that this board is NOT about RECORDING EQUIPMENT.
    Last edited by Altec Best; June 16th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Senior Hostboard Member
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

I'm trying to think the last time Convergence posted about Altec stuff. He wants to do recording preamps and line arrays. Which leads me to wonder why those posts aren't on appropriate forums He should NOT be criticizing AB's posts, I enjoyed them a lot more than discussions about stuff most of us here won't use. I might go see the musicians discussed. I'm as guilty as anybody about off topic posts, but I try not to drag them out.

To Convergence- once posted the thread is no longer yours. It is public property.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

HB Super Moderator
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I'm trying to think the last time Convergence posted about Altec stuff. He wants to do recording preamps and line arrays. Which leads me to wonder why those posts aren't on appropriate forums He should NOT be criticizing AB's posts, I enjoyed them a lot more than discussions about stuff most of us here won't use. I might go see the musicians discussed. I'm as guilty as anybody about off topic posts, but I try not to drag them out.

To Convergence- once posted the thread is no longer yours. It is public property.

OG I agree with you ! <----- I'm with him

Dunno maybe this site is more appropriate for your interests (Licorne/Convergence) ?

EAW: Line Arrays

FWIW I thought it was relevant as Roger Waters is back in the states and he will be in my area Mid Atlantic (Megalopolis) in just a couple weeks.I posted some personal experiences that i thought some would like to see or was interested in. Roger Waters is hands down the best show you will ever see for visuals,lighting and most of all SOUND !

BTW-The name of the thread is "Rock Concerts"
    Last edited by Altec Best; June 16th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Balanced by the idea that thread jacking is kinda bad manners, too.......... I haven't read this thread from front to back, so I don't know exactly how it started, but I figured I throw this out there.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Senior Hostboard Member
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

How can thread jacking apply ? I only see thread jacking as applying to semi-personal threads about one's system, or such. Then there is a legitimate need to maintain a semblance of direction.Title of the thread is Rock Concerts, AB posted about rock concerts. If anyone is screwing with thread direction it's Convergence himself...he only re-started this thread to crow how he was right.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How can thread jacking apply ? I only see thread jacking as applying to semi-personal threads about one's system, or such. Then there is a legitimate need to maintain a semblance of direction.Title of the thread is Rock Concerts, AB posted about rock concerts. If anyone is screwing with thread direction it's Convergence himself...he only re-started this thread to crow how he was right.
    As I said before, I haven't read this whole thread. I was responding to the notion that a thread is public property, which I assumed to mean any thread not just this one.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

HB Super Moderator
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Exactly OG ! ABG Thread Jacking ? Really on a thread that is 7 years old ? Thread title says "ROCK CONCERTS" !