Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ROCK CONCERTS

Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Exactly OG ! ABG Thread Jacking ? Really on a thread that is 7 years old ? Thread title says "ROCK CONCERTS" !
    Did you miss my reply to OG?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

HB Super Moderator
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Balanced by the idea that thread jacking is kinda bad manners, too.......... I haven't read this thread from front to back, so I don't know exactly how it started, but I figured I throw this out there.
    Yes I saw it.But I was replying to this post.Which to me sounds like you are accusing me of Thread Jacking. Am I wrong ?

The first post was October of 2005.
    Last edited by Altec Best; June 17th, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I saw it.But I was replying to this post.Which to me sounds like you are accusing me of Thread Jacking. Am I wrong ?
    "I haven't read this thread from front to back, so I don't know exactly how it started, but I figured I throw this out there."

I haven't accused anyone of anything.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

HB Super Moderator
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

OK just a misunderstanding then...

Senior Hostboard Member
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

My definition is thread jacking only applies when there is a vested need on the part of the OP, such as needed info, personal pics or story, or for sale items. Does that sound reasonable to the group? Just saying if we are all on the same page it saves injured feelings. If the title is "My concert experiences' it may apply. "Concert experiences thread" it may not, as it implies others are free to post their experiences.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

HB Super Moderator
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    My definition is thread jacking only applies when there is a vested need on the part of the OP, such as needed info, personal pics or story, or for sale items. Does that sound reasonable to the group? Just saying if we are all on the same page it saves injured feelings. If the title is "My concert experiences' it may apply. "Concert experiences thread" it may not, as it implies others are free to post their experiences.
    That was my thought... I mean we are talking about a thread that is 7 years old.Before Licorne resurrected it there hasn't been a post in it for a 1.5 years.

Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From the Urban Dictionary: Taking over a thread on a message board by taking a part of the original posted topic, twisting it around and "hijacking" the thread itself. What happens is that the original content contained in the post becomes moot and whatever the "Thread Jacker" has manipulated the content to be becomes the new content thereby "hijacking" the original intent of post. People now respond to the "thread jacker's" input and that becomes the focus of the thread.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Senior Hostboard Member
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Dictionaries change all the time. To be honest, I care more about what board members think than what dictionaries say.

Personally I think that definition is wrong , since I see what it says happen all the time without complaint. The only question here is does someone own a thread that is off topic to begin with? If we want to follow netiquette it is allowable to lock off topic threads. I really don't want to see that. Can't we all be adults and act responsibly? I think Convergence was petty. One dictionary post won't change my mind.

Here are more BTW

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/threadjacking

"Threadjacking is a deliberate attempt at steering a discussion away from the original topic by bringing up another, which may or may not be relevant to the content of original post. Depending on the context, threadjacking can be used as a timely ice-breaker in an awkward situation (especially if you are the topic creator) or more commonly, as a form of cheap amusement for trolls"

AB did not deliberately try to steer the discussion. So by that definition was not thread jacking at all. threads mutate all the time.

We should play by rules agreed here rather than arbitrary ones.

BTW Convergence jacked his own thread by starting it about using Altecs for concerts then turning it into a discussion of line arrays that Altec never built. We didn't complain, I did post my opinion, that they are the present not the future, but nobody told him to get back on topic. If he owns the thread, then he would be allowed to go astray, no one else would. I say once posted it belongs to the board as a whole, if the OP can wander around so can others.
    Last edited by Old Guy; June 17th, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

OG I agree with you ! <----- I'm with him

Dunno maybe this site is more appropriate for your interests (Licorne/Convergence) ?

EAW: Line Arrays

FWIW I thought it was relevant as Roger Waters is back in the states and he will be in my area Mid Atlantic (Megalopolis) in just a couple weeks.I posted some personal experiences that i thought some would like to see or was interested in. Roger Waters is hands down the best show you will ever see for visuals,lighting and most of all SOUND !

BTW-The name of the thread is "Rock Concerts"
    Not really cause Roger Waters uses more sophisticated equipment such as Clair Bothers speakers for his 2011 tour and all analogue FOH consoles with snap shots.

ANALOG RULES AT FOH
    For this run of 94 dates, Khalaf is manning three boards: a Midas XL4 to handle the stereo P.A. (more on that later), another XL4 to cover the band and the end of the second-half, and a Yamaha PM5D for surrounds and effects. “For the analog side of it, it’s because of the number of inputs,” Khalaf says. “There are two bands, really. The front XL4 does all of the main stage—which is behind the wall—and the one on the left [another XL4] does all of the surrogate band, the forestage.” Inside the effects rack are Lexicon 480s and PCM91s, TC Electronic D-Twos, an H3000, a Helicon vocal double, Aphex gates on drums, Crane Song STC8 on basses, TLA100s on vocals and dbx 900 on background vocals. Why XL4s? Khalaf replies: “Because I’m tired of pretending that digital audio sounds as good as analog. It doesn’t. This record was made when people cared deeply about sound quality. These days, that is not as important as the size of the video screen on your console. If it comes at me analog, it will stay analog.”

HB Super Moderator
    ROCK CONCERTS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LICORNE View Post
    Not really cause Roger Waters uses more sophisticated equipment such as Clair Bothers speakers for his 2011 tour and all analogue FOH consoles with snap shots.
    I already know it is Clair Bros... I posted this picture from the Wachovia Center Philly,PA of the Clair Bros. Arrays that were used back in 2007-09 for "The Dark Side Of The Moon Tour". From this picture I posted on Lansing Heritage in 2010. So he has been using Clair for a longtime.The "In The Flesh Tour" 1999-2002 he was using Clair stuff then too ...