Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Drool...

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Drool...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post


  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bet it takes more than a grand to buy them... forums forums

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Drool...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I say 1200 or better...I haven't seen anything like that for at least 25 years...

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Drool...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sure less...but of course nowhere near the "geek" value.

    Aren't most of the GPA woofs 300-ish?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, 300-ish.

    There y' go being practical, Jim... forums

    gotta remember these have;

    rear-mount-only frames,

    one leaky gasket segment,

    potential time/gravity-induced suspension offset,

    potential internal corrosion (one box water-stained),

    ...

    I'd still let 'em in if they knocked on the door though... forums

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You live and learn (hopefully) I have about $750 in my rebuilt 515B's.

    Jim N

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Every Year I drool over the big block mid 60's Vettes and Mach 1'sb at the B_J auction. Then I realize that for $50k I can buy a brand new Vette that will blow the doors off of those old dinosaurs and for not much more I can get a Z06 (?) with a 427. At my age I would like to have one for about a week and then go back to the comfort of my Pickup.

    Jim N

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 08, 2008 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Jim Norvell ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What is GPA's price on new ones?

    Jim N

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Drool...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not so sure- a lot of modern speed equipment works on those oldies too.

    I've seen low ten second big block Mustangs that were driven to the event. Old eleven and twelve second street drivers are common.


    Tell you what- if I ever hit the lottery I'll buy one of each- and you Bowtie and I can get together to test drive them and argue their relative merits...you guys buy the beer of course...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    I say 1200 or better...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You were right. $1425...52 bids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.