Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9.28 cu. ft. 30x60 degree corner speaker?

Junior Hostboard Member wweigle's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 9.28 cu. ft. 30x60 degree corner speaker?

My computer guy put me on to Revo Uninstaller. I was able to get rid of a couple of programs that I could not remove otherwise. Not sure how it would work with Norton, but its free so maybe worth trying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Agree on Revo Uninstaller.

And its FREE.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like my Norton Anti-virus, and after looking up Malicious Domain Request 2, I don't think that I will be visiting or downloading anything from Leonardaudio.
    "James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

OK, I've asked the folks to check into this as it's been/being downloaded a lot from around the world ever since it became available.

Frankly, considering the computer, etc., technical savvy of so many of the audio DIYers, I find it hard to believe that there's even a hint of a problem otherwise they would be all over this like 'stink on $&%!'.

GM

edit: YGM
    Last edited by GM; April 1st, 2016 at 01:58 AM.
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks GM, I wish I had an old, spare computer that I wasn't afraid to have get corrupted, wipe clean, and start over. I've got too much irreplaceable stuff on this fancy laptop to dare chance losing everything.
    "James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall as my frontline protection. IT pros think this is a good set-up.

Further to this I use these as required, with great results, to check downloaded files before opening them or to find any malware/viruses that may slip through:

Malware Bytes Free,

SUPERAntispyware,

and ADWCleaner: AdwCleaner Download This site has lots of information and software options, mostly Freeware. Well worth navigating the site.

P.S. Bleeping Computer are under legal attack from one of the bigger software companies for one of their honest reviews: Help BleepingComputer Defend Freedom of Speech

ADWCleaner link provided above - just hard to see.
    Last edited by mah; April 1st, 2016 at 04:28 AM.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoHeretic View Post
    Thanks GM, I wish I had an old, spare computer that I wasn't afraid to have get corrupted, wipe clean, and start over. I've got too much irreplaceable stuff on this fancy laptop to dare chance losing everything.
    You're welcome!

Understood and in the same 'boat', though loss can be minimized with frequent BUs. My local geeks that use to take care of my computer before 'life' got in the way keeps pestering me to get a CLOUD account like they use thatdoes near continuous updates.

Anyway, here's a response from one of the much more computer/software knowledgeable folks on DIYaudio: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/220421-transmission-line-modelling-software-15.html#post4668063

GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks GM, I submitted Leonard Audio | Audio Engineering Resources to Norton's automated security check and they sent an email indicating that they could not find any issue with the site, but they did not alot a case file number to my request, and after doing a Norton update and reopening the website, I could still not open the file. So after a day of trying, I finally got a live representative from Norton to check the site and they through a remote desktop session downloaded Leonardaudio's program and they say that it is not a dangerous site.

What a lot of work and Norton's website is very difficult to navigate. I never would have been able to do it myself with out the remote session.
    Last edited by VolvoHeretic; April 3rd, 2016 at 04:09 PM.

HB Super Moderator
    9.28 cu. ft. 30x60 degree corner speaker?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoHeretic View Post

Don't you backup your data ? If you don't I recommend you do it ! Hard drives fail frequently for me so it is highly recommended if you have irreplaceable info to Back It Up !

Norton,McAfee,etc.. Are garbage.. Kaspersky I have used for the past 3 years and is very good.Subscription recently ran out but i just went to Avast FREE.But I am getting sick of all the Avast Advertisement Pop-ups.So maybe getting rid of it very soon. I also have Revo Uninstaller Pro...It works real well but be careful as you can delete important registry keys if you are not careful.
    Last edited by Altec Best; April 4th, 2016 at 11:37 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for reminding me AB, I do have a My Passport portable hard drive and I do need to back up my files, I'm just so lazy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234