Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: 604-8K

  1. #1
    Inactive Member amh's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Check these out guys, very nice.

    No affiliation to me.

    I bet they'll bring a pretty penny.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi AMH, Thses look like a great start to a wonderful Home Theater system. A couple more for rear L/R and you'd be all set. By the way how is your project coming. I am selling my 1505 without the drivers if you know anyone who needs them. Cheers.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member amh's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Igor,

    I have all the drivers and the cabs now. I just need to start cutting wood to do the cab mods I want to do. Too much spring cleaning in the way right now to start. Weather is a factor too. How about all that snow we just had!

    The electronics are coming together as well.

    I'll keep an ear open for anyone looking for those horns.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice set of speaks!
    These are very much like my 904's, but with a bit different cone. Similar specs though.
    Of course these are in freakin Sweeden! Gads.
    Wonder how someone came across NIB ones.
    And.....Ebay is just nuts, so if you want these, better have a bunch of money to unload, and a very fast connection so you can bid at the last second.
    I missed these, and I look every day. Better review my search parameters. Sometimes Ebay confuses me.
    Ron

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder if the five year warranty has expired yet???? forums

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MERDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i do have a pair nib that i have been saving for a while, which i might want to sell so i did look at the auction ,wondering what it will go for, my problem of course is making a cab for them and have not bothered as i am still playing with the magnificents and a 3 way with the 816 cabs plus other horns
    but then one cannot have too many altecs ,as the other board member sugested .home theater ,now thats a reason to get into it

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dstamand's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lets have a contest to see who can guess what they go for:

    my guess: $2300 US

  8. #8
    Inactive Member amh's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    $1850 US

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    So......just bid em up!
    You know if you bid 1500 now, there is someone out there just drooling over them and will have to have them despite the cost.

    Sometimes it's not about getting the item....it's about winning the auction!

    Ebay cracks me up sometimes..........

    Ron

  10. #10
    Inactive Member homme_de_terre's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    About three years ago, I bought my -8Ks from a Canadian guy via ebay. They were advertised as "mint condition", taken out of a pair of Model 18s. I *had* planned to shell out not more than $1100, ended up paying $1450, plus $350 for shipping to Germany. Yeah, I wanted them and the last 2 minutes of the auction was a battle between myself, a collector from CA, and somebody from Korea.
    Back then, I there was no Iconic 704 and there also wasn't the refounded AltecPro.
    I was lucky, because, when I finally ripped them out of their boxes 4 weeks later, they smelled like the Altecs I bought new.
    Only a few things in the world smell like a freshly unpacked Altec LF driver. ;-)
    Well, since you can buy those drivers again for a grand +/- maybe 200 bucks, $2500 seems quite reasonable to me.

    Manfred

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.