Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Poetry

  1. #1
    Inactive Member The Reverend Dark Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    1,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've noticed we have some damn good poets among us... so post your poems here and let us all see your talent.

    Saphire Wind

    I still see you on every face,
    I still feel you in every place.
    In my dreams you still exist,
    Where we are still sharing our first kiss.

    Blowing gently in,
    On the Saphire Wind,
    I hear your voice,
    Now more than ever before,
    And I can’t help but wish,
    You’d be there when I open the door.

    You were the love of my life,
    Taken from me by the blade of knife.
    I weeped for you at your funeral,
    I was supposed to be your Angel,
    But when you died I fell.

    Now I sit in lonliness,
    Never again to discover true bliss,
    The sun rises not for me,
    I cast my soul into the sea.

    I should have been there to save you,
    I failed you, and I know this is true.
    Though we were not wed,
    You will always be my wife.
    For you were everything to me,
    You were my life.

    In the darkest of nights,
    I feel that I have lost all sight.
    The snow falls gently on the ground,
    And I stare into the eyes of your killer,
    Retrubution has been sought,
    Vengance has been found.

    I’m ready for him to die,
    To ease the pain in my heart,
    No longer shall my soul cry.
    But staring down at him,
    Knowing what he has taken from me,
    Is no where even close to what he’s taken from you.
    I now understand, I can once again see.

    Lights of red and blue flash wildly,
    I hear the police shouting at me.
    And as I stare at your killers end,
    A tear falls from my eye,
    Your voice rings in my ears,
    And I forgive him.

    I drop the gun and fall to my knees.
    Gently blowing in,
    The Saphire Wind,
    I know it is over. This is how it has to be.

    I will go to your grave tomorrow,
    No longer visiting with a heart of sorrow.
    I cast my soul not to the sea,
    But to you, that is where it is meant to be.

    Gently blowing in,
    The Saphire wind,
    I will always be with you.
    And you will always be with me.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member -=Wizard=-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2001
    Posts
    1,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love to write poetry!

    I have had people tell me that my poetry is very spiritual.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not a poet...but i love poetry..The one above was incrediable...but then again..it always is.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    here is one of my favorite poets..and thanks to Minnow for sharing him with me...Neruda!

    I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz, or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
    I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
    I love you as the plant that never blooms but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
    I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
    so I love you because I know no other way than this where I do not exist, nor you, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Father Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2002
    Posts
    3,088
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    i have posted lots of my "stuff" before...
    should i replay some of them?

    (of course i will add the newness too...)

    dam

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YES!..post dave! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Father Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2002
    Posts
    3,088
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    he comes bringing
    gentle encouragement
    hope-
    a sundrop after
    rain

    too soon vanishing
    often unnoticed
    not many can hear
    light fall

    dam

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Father Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2002
    Posts
    3,088
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    We walked in golden
    fields my friends
    and i.

    They were hurried and walked ahead
    but i walked behind,
    slowly,
    I heard their jokes and
    laughter and i found a tear
    on my cheek.

    Did i cry for those who would
    always push to keep
    up, or
    was it for
    me,

    alone?

    dam

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Tee Ehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2002
    Posts
    6,075
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *re reads *..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner SummerStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2002
    Posts
    4,520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I got one about a BUll Rider that is process of being published..........


    should i post it here again?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member The Reverend Dark Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    1,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your Sinful Deeds


    The sky runs dark as night, the rivers thick with blood. From atop the Angel?s come, from below the Demon?s rise. Tonight brings about a raging flood. Fighting for survival, fighting for death, fighting merely to fight, and to prove that one is the best. Lost in horror none dare to speak, screams fill the world, and ring out in echoed patterns into the night sky. Here they have come to fight, here they have come to die.

    Falling from the slumber of a thousand dreamless sleeps, I wake to find myself drenched in a cold sweat, and a taste on my lips, ever so sweet. The curtains are open, the wind blows softly through. Outside two police cars sit, their lights swirl around, my room is caught in the colors of red and blue. I have done something, I have done nothing. I don?t remember anything, yet here they are to take me away. I can take the slim chance of escape and run, or I can learn what I have done and stay. Before I can choose my door is kicked open and a gun is aimed at my head. No words are spoken, but a million things are said in the eyes alone. I have done something terrible, I hear the hammer pulled back. I watch as he slowly squeezes the trigger. For whatever sins were commited, I am now dead, and all is done.

    I am not alive, I am not dead, I am not here, I am not there, I am everything, yet I am nothing. I am everyone, I am no one. I am the silent whispers you tell to your affairs to keep you hidden away from your signifigant other. I am everything you have come to fear, I am everything you hold so dear. I am why you are still together, I am what drives you apart. I am everything you have ever known, I am that which still acts as a mystery to you. I am understood in a misunderstood way. I am lost, I am found, I am away, I am around, I am near, I am far. Yet my destination you cannot reach by any means. I am your worst enemy, I am your best friend. I am the solace you seek, I am your bitter end. In Heaven I lay my wings to rest, in Hell, I torture those who wish they did not exist. I am nothing more than that which you have created, that you have brought upon yourselves. Forgotten in time, hidden by the lives you lead, I am here to welcome you into your sinful deeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •