Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. Long time reader, first time poster.

I found this in a fitness forum.

A guy, 22, wants to have sex with a girl who's 16. I'm the dad of a 1 year old daughter. I am worried about her enough as it is, but I cant think of how much I'd worry about this if this was my daughter. I'm angry about this guy doing this, am I right to be angry? What would you do if your daughter was in this situation?

(to make things equal, you can read the 22 year old guys side on his blog, http://www.becomingapua.com/2007/09/...a-16-year-old/ )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It never ceases to amaze me how low some people will go. The only thing is the age of consent laws. I know if it were my two step-daughters in that situation I would be wanting to castrate the bastard. At 16 most people aren't even mature enough to understand sex let alone the consequences of it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Funny thing is, my great grandfather at 20 married my great grandmother when she was 13. they both died married to each other at ripe old ages of 80s. many years ago there was never the demand for age, in fact it was more acceptable that an older man, be with a younger woman,

Women genetically, psychologically, scientifically, and even logically are 5-8 years ahead the males in maturity when it comes to emotional, mental, and even physical to contrary of age. Another words, emotionally mentally, physically, that 16 yr old is equal to the 22 year old in all the above ways.

The highest divorce rates come from those that married at the same age, or within a timeline of 3 years age difference. The lowest was when a woman was married to a man within (being younger) 8+years.

That really falls under the ?compatibility? law of our nature. We always spend our lonely lives wishing for the ?compatible someone? funny thing is, we are always looking within our age group, which also fits our social group.

Genetically also, when a woman has offspring with an older man, the offspring has higher chance of living a fuller life, and longer.

If it is just ?sex? then yea, but if the ?young man? is showing interest in an equal partner opportunity, then there is no harm, other then she will devout her life to him as he would her more Statistically then if she married a guy at 20 years old, and he too is 20 (or within the close range)

If the guy was 50 and wanted to bang a 16 year? Then yea id puke on the idea?but in true nature, they are a match.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I agree with DG on this one. While, I would question if either one of my daughters were dating older guys that young, he does have a point. If either of my daughters wanted to do that, which thank god they are a long ways off, I would insist on them finishing school, and using common sense about sex (i.e. either abstinence, or protection). I think that by the time a woman reaches between 16-18 she should at least know what causes pregnancy and diseases, etc. She should probably learned about how her body does stuff, and attained a basic understanding.

The unfortunate thing now a days is girls are reporting losing their virginity as young as 10 or 11. I'm sorry, but kids should not be having kids. Not only are they not fully ready physically, but mentally, the mind doesn't even come close to developing fully until late teens early to mid 20's and doesn't reach full maturity until somewhere around 25 (according to current research). I'm a psych major (3rd year) so I would know at least that. The biggest influence by far on the subject would be how their parents have raised them. From what I have seen (I drove school bus for 1 1/2 yrs), and what I have learned in persueing my degree is that children are a direct reflection of their parent(s). Ususally the childs beliefs and moral structure closely resembles that of the person having raised them. I could go on and on about the subject, but I think I've said enough so far. If anyone has any specific questions, and I can answer them, I would be more than willing to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Having recently sent a 17 year old packing who tried dating my 13 yr old daughter ( and oh fkn boy did i show restraint as my first instinct was to visit him personal like and show him what an age gap can mean in a "physical" situation ) that and i simply wanted to pistol whip the lad till he was no longer pretty.
    I would cut this guys balls off , if he loves her he can WAIT ! if he cant wait he had bloody well learn to dodge bullets as all father out there would be lookin for him in case he tried this shit on the next foolish young girl. age gaps are fine , do what ever once both are considered adults , 18 minimum , 21 preferable . i am 33 and would not think to date , romance or be physical with someone under the age of 21 , i consider 10 years to be a real issue in fact .

Grrrrrr oversexed men need to be reminded that for each one of them there is also somewhere out there a father willing to kill , maim and damage then gladly go to prison for his beloved lil girl .

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ October 05, 2007 10:19 AM: Message edited by: xtc_rush ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there are ALOT of sick fucks out there these days..if an older guy came after my daughter i would kick the living shit outta him and made sure his dick didnt work ever again

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

DJ....... Good post......... as are the others.....
    anyway.... I voted not sure

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

uhm ok....

why would you be pissed?
    im going from the guys blog. just cause he said hed call later doesnt mean he will.

theres sick fucks out there..id be more worried about going to church than some older guy trying to boinka teenager, who was of legal age.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thing that most concerns me about the replies to this scenario is the torrent of hate that just pours out and people talk about shooting and killing and cutting things off of another person. Those people are talking about wrongfully and illegally acting out their secret desire to hurt someone and this is their big chance to get someone killed. Good lord!
    Listen, many of these young women are out there to get laid just as much as the worst of the guys. Now, if you are talking about date rape or felony rape then I can understand some hostility and the enforcement of our considerably beefed up laws concerning sexual predators and offenders. Each and every 16 year old is not the same. I was making my own living on my own supporting a 18 year old pregnant fiance with a 3 month old from another guy. I am not advocating unusual relationships but can we be a lot less immature and not freak the hell out every time there is an age difference. Since when did love fit into a one dimensional box? And another thing, age difference? What if I said," hey I think it's weird for two same sex people to get married and have kids," I would be called a homophobe. All of this is discrimination which is just another word for hate if it's taken far enough.
    On the other hand, considering all the laws that will ruin your life forever concerning sexually mature and willing 16-18 year olds, it is best to wait..wait...and wait some more rather than lose everything going to jail, then trying to provide for the younger woman and child while being labeled and tracked forever and providing a normal life for the child growing up; after the probation, fees, classes and fines are satisfied of course.
    In summary, I would say keep a cool head, know the law and what you can do other than using an opportunity to ruin lives. Have you considered that raising more responsible teens and toning down the boys will be boys stuff? If parents treat their children like children too long then bad things happen. They will rebel and do some stupid things that they are not prepared for because they were such "babies". Now they are having babies. Oh, right, we can always kill the father. That makes it better...NOT!!HELLO