Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I'm with YOU Cherie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] and I don't hear any fat lady singing yet!

How could there be 250,000 provisional ballots in the first place?
    It sounds like something fishy going on in Ohio!

I hope Mr. Kerry will not concede before they are all counted!
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Gus

4Jettheads

I've already posted this on Joan's site and I'm gonna add a final note at the end to this one.

Weeeeeeeell, consider the party over, so turn out the lights. Although it isn't official yet, GW will get the 7 Iowa electoral votes. Some counties haven't reported in yet, but it's academic at this point. He has enough of the popular vote to garner the 7 electorals giving him the majority win. What Ohio does is moot. I'm depressed. After all the hoopla to get the "youth vote" out there, only 17% nationwide bothered to show up the polls. That's about the same as every other election. And the main reason they gave ? They didn't want to stand in line for 5 or 6 hours. They'll sit on a sidewalk all night in a sleeping bag to buy concert tickets, but won't wait in line to vote for the president of the United States of America. The youth vote could well have swayed the election to Kerry.

Having said that, I'll post this. I hope the "youth vote" of the USA understands what it did, or rather didn't do. They just gave the green light to lengthen the war in the middle east to the Repulicans. They now control the White House and the US Congress by majority. Line up the black body bags for the C-130's bringing our loved ones home for their final resting place. They may well have just said OK to another military draft as well. They'll like it a lot less "standing in line" in formation in blizzards and unbearable heat with a 60 pound backpack if there is a draft.
    "And it's one, two, three, what are we fightin' for?
    Don't know I don't give a d*mn
    Next stop-the front lines of Iraq
    And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
    Well, there ain't no time to wonder why
    Whoopee ! We're all gonna die"

From a univeral song critizing the Vietnam war of the 60's. I just filled in Iraq for Vietnam. What's the dif ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh sure, a dirty-nuke or some mad-cow-disease dispersal crop-duster could destroy our agricultural & livestock industries in mid-America. Making hundreds (if not thousands, depending upon placement & wind conditions) of square miles in the midwest uninhabitable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Darn, not allowed to edit the message adding a postscript...

... that song you used above was "I Feel Like I'm Fixing To Die-RAG" by Country Joe And The Fish. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow Farmboy and Reved.
    Interesting stuff. All I know is me and Jake are moving to Mexico if the draft happens. I heard that an only child would not be drafted.... only now to hear that if the manpower isn't there, all our babies are up for grabs. Not my baby! Not for this war! Never!
    xoxoxoxo
    Cherie [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I just got this letter form my friend Cherry Vanilla.

a note from my friend Jon in Florida ...

DONALD AND SEVERAL OF HIS FRIENDS & HIS BOSS CAME DOWN TO POLL SIT HERE. THERE WAS SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE VOTING LINES THE POLICE WERE BEING CONSTANTLY CALLED, PEOPLE TRYING TO PREVENT POOR BLACKS FROM VOTING. THE NIGHT BEFORE THE REPUBLICANS CANVASED THE POOR NEIGHBORHOODS HERE AND LEFT OFFICIAL LOOKING DOCUMENTS ON ALL THE DOORS SAYING THAT THEIR NORMAL PLACE TO VOTE HAD BEEN CHANGED TO ACROSS TOWN TRYING TO DISCOUAGE THEM FROM GETTING TO THE POLLS. IT'S SO HARD TO BELIEVE HERE IN BROWARD WHERE WE ARE 80% FOR KERRY!
    Kisses, Cherry V

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Michael Moore must be foaming at the mouth...rabid.

Just waiting to hear complaints about those paperless electronic voting machines (which I heard somewhere were developed by a relative, or business partner, of GWB). Conspiracy! Conspiracy!!

I wouldn't shed a single frickin tear if the next terrorist attack took out the entire Bible-Belt.

4Jettheads

Actually, it was the Republican party that had already filed suit in federal court to challenge the vote tally before the election process even began. Terrorists attack cental points of finance and commerce to disrupt the economy. That would be the major corporate bases to include, but not limited to, Chicago, New York City, Boston, and Minneapolis. The so-called "Bible belt" has no interest unless ya wanna upset a tent revival.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

The sad truth is that his "cheerleaders" go along with him no matter what and when he takes back his promise they'll cheer him on!
    Unless he plans to nuke Iraq he'll need many more recruits so my guess is he'll wait about six months!
    I'll see if I can get in touch with the underground railroad so they can spirit you and Jake out of the country when he comes of age Cherie!
    Canada's nice too though and they welcome draft evaders up there because they love PEACE from what I hear!
    Jake'll need to register with the selective service when he turns 18 but the actual draft should leave him alone till he's 19 or 20. Of coarse this will be a more compassionate conservative draft so they may try to grab him when he is still 18! By then I'm sure there will be a gigantic peace movement in this country if the war is not over yet or we have moved in on Iran or some other evil country which will need occupying forces of their own!

Let's HOPE for PEACE! //oo\\
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Gus

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ November 04, 2004 12:20 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>