Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Welllll- as some of you already know - I am in the Military and all I can say is Can my body bag have Little Sparkles on it please! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] Cheers everyone - I think I'll go have another drink before I get sent over there in a couple of months!!! [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sparkle please be safe, and thank you for doing it for the folks at home.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by charlie c:
    sparkle please be safe, and thank you for doing it for the folks at home.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea, BE SAFE. Get out of the ******* military!!

"Doing it for the folks at home." (??)

Doing what? The middle-east hasn't known a days peace in the last 3,000 years! What is the US military gonna do except shift blame for their neverending-jihad over to US?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Just to clear up one thing right now. I never joined the Military to be regarded as a "Hero" or whatever you want to call it. I joined the Military for it's educational benefits, medical benefits, solid paycheck every month (comes in handy when people in the civilian community are losing jobs left and right) and a retirement paycheck for the rest of my life after only 20 years. I'm retiring at a much younger age than most people and some people never will. Most company's cannot compete with what the Military has to offer when you add up all the Military has to offer in these areas. Do I want to get out? F**k YES. But - I'm doing what I think will benefit my family the most.

Down side - having a Commander In Chief like President Bush. He has clearly let me down as a role model for a leader. But that's my opinion and I don't expect anyone else to share it.

Yes - I'm being transferred to CA because of the Military. Yes - I am Active Duty. Yes - I will be heading to that area. I don't think I will be all that close to the action - but I do know people who will be and that makes it hard. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Peace Everyone [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Have a Great Day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Another one from Cherry Vanilla.

IF YOU HAVE TIME, PLEASE READ THIS.
    ------------------------------
    OP-ED COLUMNIST

The Red Zone
    By MAUREEN DOWD

Published: November 4, 2004

WASHINGTON

With the Democratic Party splattered at his feet in little blue puddles, John Kerry told the crushed crowd at Faneuil Hall in Boston about his concession call to President Bush.

"We had a good conversation," the senator said. "And we talked about the danger of division in our country and the need, the desperate need, for unity, for finding the common ground, coming together. Today I hope that we can begin the healing."

Democrat: Heal thyself.

W. doesn't see division as a danger. He sees it as a wingman.

The president got re-elected by dividing the country along fault lines of fear, intolerance, ignorance and religious rule. He doesn't want to heal rifts; he wants to bring any riffraff who disagree to heel.

W. ran a jihad in America so he can fight one in Iraq - drawing a devoted flock of evangelicals, or "values voters," as they call themselves, to the polls by opposing abortion, suffocating stem cell research and supporting a constitutional amendment against gay marriage.

Mr. Bush, whose administration drummed up fake evidence to trick us into war with Iraq, sticking our troops in an immoral position with no exit strategy, won on "moral issues."

The president says he's "humbled" and wants to reach out to the whole country. What humbug. The Bushes are always gracious until they don't get their way. If W. didn't reach out after the last election, which he barely grabbed, why would he reach out now that he has what Dick Cheney calls a "broad, nationwide victory"?

While Mr. Bush was making his little speech about reaching out, Republicans said they had "the green light" to pursue their conservative agenda, like drilling in Alaska's wilderness and rewriting the tax code.

"He'll be a lot more aggressive in Iraq now," one Bush insider predicts. "He'll raze Falluja if he has to. He feels that the election results endorsed his version of the war." Never mind that the more insurgents American troops kill, the more they create.

Just listen to Dick (Oh, lordy, is this cuckoo clock still vice president?) Cheney, introducing the Man for his victory speech: "This has been a consequential presidency which has revitalized our economy and reasserted a confident American role in the world." Well, it has revitalized the Halliburton segment of the economy, anyhow. And "confident" is not the first word that comes to mind for the foreign policy of a country that has alienated everyone except Fiji.

Vice continued, "Now we move forward to serve and to guard the country we love." Only Dick Cheney can make "to serve and to guard" sound like "to rape and to pillage."

He's creating the sort of "democracy" he likes. One party controls all power in the country. One network serves as state TV. One nation dominates the world as a hyperpower. One firm controls contracts in Iraq.

Just as Zell Miller was so over the top at the G.O.P. convention that he made Mr. Cheney seem reasonable, so several new members of Congress will make W. seem moderate.

Tom Coburn, the new senator from Oklahoma, has advocated the death penalty for doctors who perform abortions and warned that "the gay agenda" would undermine the country. He also characterized his race as a choice between "good and evil" and said he had heard there was "rampant lesbianism" in Oklahoma schools.

Jim DeMint, the new senator from South Carolina, said during his campaign that he supported a state G.O.P. platform plank banning gays from teaching in public schools. He explained, "I would have given the same answer when asked if a single woman who was pregnant and living with her boyfriend should be hired to teach my third-grade children."

John Thune, who toppled Tom Daschle, is an anti-abortion Christian conservative - or "servant leader," as he was hailed in a campaign ad - who supports constitutional amendments banning flag burning and gay marriage.

Seeing the exit polls, the Democrats immediately started talking about values and religion. Their sudden passion for wooing Southern white Christian soldiers may put a crimp in Hillary's 2008 campaign (nothing but a wooden stake would stop it). Meanwhile, the blue puddle is comforting itself with the expectation that this loony bunch will fatally overreach, just as Newt Gingrich did in the 90's.

But with this crowd, it's hard to imagine what would constitute overreaching.

Invading France?

Kisses, Cherry V

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey Sparkle, just because you joined for practical reasons doesn't make you any less of a great American!
    I think Michael Moore is a great American too btw.

Heroism is subjective unless you have "official" medals for valor above and beyond the call of duty. Your commander in chief is a gutless wonder who let a real "official" hero be smeared by a bunch of liars!
    Since when do smear tactics outweigh a serviceman's official record? That's what I'd like know! Maybe they should just do away with the whole medal thing seeing as how they are meaningless when it comes right down to it!
    I wonder if they'll be moving all the democrats out of Arlington next!

I wish Harms Way was devoid of politics Sparkle but as General Tommy Franks has now proven, anything goes if it's what bush wants!
    I'd personally feel a lot better about you and the rank and file troops being put in harms way by a real American leader like John Kerry!

Peace!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    GD

PS Thanks for passing on the excellent Cherry Vanilla stuff Cherie! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sparklelynx [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] I've always thought of you as real trooper but GOLLY!!!
    You are a REAL trooper?!?! Are you on active duty or what?
    My goodness gracious 'Oh Sparkly One' you ARE a mystery girl aren't you, or more likely, I just never picked up on that somehow!
    Wow...Is that why you moved to California?
    Well, I'll be hoping and praying you'll stay way clear of Iraq!

You are a GREAT American Sparkle, 4 sure!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow.... I sure am glad I started this topic!
    Yikes!
    Two things people shouldn't talk about...
    1. Religion
    2. Politics

Hum.... how about those Mets?

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree cc/fan I would add my 2 cents to this but, I won't. Hey Thanksgiving is coming Yum, Love that bird. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

OK then.... Check THIS out!!!! [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

CHECK THIS OUT FROM OUR "MORAL" PRESIDENT!!!

http://static.vidvote.com/movies/bushuncensored.mov

Kisses, Cherry V