Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 102

Thread: Baseball

  1. #41
    Inactive Member TPLLTTP_PV10's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2005
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    I swore i would never do this but,football fan my name is Tim Baker and i'm from Bsg; everyonr in BSG knows how i feel about the kids and the game of baseball. So ask around and even the people that don't like me will tell you how the kids stand in my life. Until then; you will then relize u my friend do not know WTF you r talking about. I tell you what Ask Ryan Witt asst. baseball coach at PV he played for me' In senior league. He will tell you where the kids have stood in my life.
    All pitchers are liars and cribabies.=YOGI BERRA
    It helps if the hitter thinks you're a little crazy.=Nolan Ryan

  2. #42
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    Im not even joking. Ive heard people say, "dont repeat this but we are playing in boone north carolina this weekend. We just wanted to bring the kids we chose and if it gets out that we are playing, other kids will want to come."

    Little League should be more about fun because kids just arent going to develop the way adults want them to. You can only push a kid so much before he has been pushed too far. As Moonlight said, most of the volunteers arent even good coaches. I know when Mack Shupe first came to norton(and I dont know if its the same now or not) he spent the majority of his time trying to reteach all of the techniques that had been taught incorrectly to kids in the first place. Which means, if Scott Kiser and Tiny Austin arent good coaches, little league coaches sure as hell dont know diddly poo.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    TPL, you are just generalizing your statements though. The problem is, what you have experienced and what some of us others have experienced are obviously different. Different people have different ideas, concepts, and thoughts concerning how things should work. Just because you see it one way doesnt mean that its true or false, just like a football fan's ideas arent true or false. I think he is saying there is gross negligence in little league. He is from coeburn so obviously he has seen different things than you have. Im from norton and I have definitely seen different things as I have stated above. There is no right or wrong across the board, but what Moonlight, football fan, and I have seen, its easy to understand why kids dont want to play baseball after little league and why its not a high school coaches fault when he ends up with talent, yet lacking fundamentals, regardless of AAU or traveling team competition.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I think he is saying there is gross negligence in little league.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Just to be clear--it's not gross negligence in LL I'm worried about--there's enough rules in that rulebook that serve as safeguards to make sure Tee Ball through LL, even up to Junior League (13-14) stays relatively instructional as it should. I have no problems with Senior League on up to play AAU, but when it's purely instructional ages, mainly between 4-12 even on up to 14, it's dangerous to not have these kids in an instructional setting. LL provides that better than any organization out there...my concerns lie with AAU &amp; Dizzy Dean and other orgs.

    As for the PV fellow here, Tim Barker, Tam Bicker, Tim Biakabutuka...whatever...I'm only 24, but I've been playing or coaching for a lil over 20 years. Started Tee Ball when I was 4. Started coaching younger divisions while I was still playing Senior League @14. I've helped with organization and coaching of different Coeburn LL activities since for as long as I can remember. You can tell me to as whoever you wish about you and how you stand on the kids--but your words on here don't match up to how you apparently stand. Very incongruent. People from PV know me as well...but I'm not and will never will be dumb enough to post my real name on a thread--you wanna know? PM me. We'll talk civilly or not at all. All I'm calling you on is not sounding like you really care...think your way through your posts Tram Bicker.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    a football fan, I missposted, I was reading your post about softball and how a girl pitched about 40gazillion innings a week, etc. That didnt have anything to do with little league, it had everything to do with adults overutilizing kids to win a game.

    p.s. how is any of the other kids going to develop into being a pitcher if 1 girl pitches every inning.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    p.s. how is any of the other kids going to develop into being a pitcher if 1 girl pitches every inning.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Exactly dude--and that's the danger of these other indy leagues. It not only ruins a kid's arm at a developmental age, but it causes unfair cliques to be formed b/c of money.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member nopainnogain's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2005
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    Like I said their is horror stories out their but my knowledge of travel ball in two states and almost twenty years coaching I have yet to see it!! All the coaches I know care for the kids and everyone is intitled to their opinon and this is mine!! Proof is in the product!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #48
    Inactive Member nopainnogain's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2005
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    Thanks dude for proving my point!! No proof but unwilling to CHANGE!!!!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

  9. #49
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    I think what myself and mega are saying is that there's a lot more room for error with these kids in weak indy leagues that are less organized. The competition and money may be there, but the organization isn't as good because of lack of familiarity.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baseball

    If unwilling to change means teaching a kid the right way, not excluding kids that don't deserve to be excluded because of their parents financial situation, and worrying about the kid's health first and foremost while teaching them how to be a good person as well as a good ballplayer--then so be it. I don't see how you guys can argue with that.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •