Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Norton-Holston

  1. #51
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    No...Holston sucks balls... You guys make it sound like JIB is world beaters, but remember they were beaten by a 5-5 team and KY Jelly..the only decent team they've shown they can beat is Clintwood.
    Actually YES, Holston was better than most thought. I look at it this way, Holston has improved tremendously since last year and we are not as good this year as we were last year so it kinda narrowed the margin. Nobody on here has said Burton is world beaters, I don't know why everybody makes this **** up.

    Holston was not as good offensively as I was thinking but our D did play very well Saturday, especially in the 2nd half. As far as defensively yes, Holston did about as good as you could do to shut us down. With that being said, we also did not capitalize on two wide open passes that were dropped for TD's. So we didn't play well at all on offense Saturday. So if you look at it from a statistics standpoint Holston played Burton better than anyone this year including PV and JJ Kelly.
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  2. #52
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    I actually seen Holston earlier in the year...spin it however you want, but that team isn't very good. It may make JIB feel better, but the truth is you underestimated the opponent. There is no reason in hell that game is closer than 21 points if JIB doesn't put the ball on the ground every other snap and players make plays when they are there to be made. Beating Holston 2-0 is like kissin your sister.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #53
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkulls View Post
    So if you look at it from a statistics standpoint Holston played Burton better than anyone this year including PV and JJ Kelly.
    Apparently not...PV and Kelly both handed JIB the ultimate stat...a big "L".
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #54
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    Quote Originally Posted by dmike2009 View Post
    I would never sign that petition

    Wow! The world will surely end now!

  5. #55
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    There is no reason in hell that game is closer than 21 points if JIB doesn't put the ball on the ground every other snap and players make plays when they are there to be made.
    There were only 2 fumbles by Burton Saturday and only 1 lost so not for sure where you are getting that info from
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    There were only 2 fumbles by Burton Saturday and only 1 lost so not for sure where you are getting that info from
    So JIB didn't squander chance after chance to score?..am I missing something? Avoiding fumbles and good execution execution goes hand in hand, but fumbles alone don't dictate execution. If you aren't sure handed with the ball, you execute well at all tho. Guess you should have heard the radio broadcast...I never said JIB lost fumbles, but every time a QB doesn't get the snap, or bobbles the ball, or a RB fumbles, or a WR drops a pass, it's a lost chance and a lost play..and JIB had lots of those Saturday. What I don't get is what kind of chance you guys think you have Saturday if you really think Holston was a good team. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'll give 'em a 6 and that's as far as I'll go. If Holston didn't play in Region C they would have already been gone before last Saturday...but build 'em up if ya want. A win is a win, but at least call a spade a spade.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #57
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    So JIB didn't squander chance after chance to score?..am I missing something? Avoiding fumbles and good execution execution goes hand in hand, but fumbles alone don't dictate execution. If you aren't sure handed with the ball, you execute well at all tho. Guess you should have heard the radio broadcast...I never said JIB lost fumbles, but every time a QB doesn't get the snap, or bobbles the ball, or a RB fumbles, or a WR drops a pass, it's a lost chance and a lost play..and JIB had lots of those Saturday. What I don't get is what kind of chance you guys think you have Saturday if you really think Holston was a good team. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'll give 'em a 6 and that's as far as I'll go. If Holston didn't play in Region C they would have already been gone before last Saturday...but build 'em up if ya want. A win is a win, but at least call a spade a spade.
    Please take a look at what I quoted you on supr-beast, probably should have made it more clear, I was talking about the fumbles because you made a point about the fumbles, that's it. I never said we didn't squander chances, so don't put those words in my mouth. I know we did, hell we dropped 2 TD passes and came up short in the redzone a couple of times. I also never said Holston was a juggernaut. We played like crap on Saturday offensively and very stout defensively. I also think we have somewhat of a chance this weekend because we are going to show up for the game, that's all you can ask. The kid's will hopefully go up and leave 110% out of the field, if they do that I will be proud of them.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    From what I could tell listening to the game there were a lot of dropped passes on Nortons behalf.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    From what I could tell listening to the game there were a lot of dropped passes on Nortons behalf.
    Yes there were Jason, now that I think more about it, there were 3 not 2 as I mentioned earlier. Just a crazy and sloppy game but fun as heck to watch.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #60
    Inactive Member TheRaider's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2009
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton-Holston

    I too was at this game... and NOT only are we lucky we didn't let holston slip in and win (Tho They were never really close our D was Tuff we just let them hang around WAAAAAY too long) We easily dropped 3 td passes. So Holston is Lucky it wasn't 23-0. Luck or No we played well enough to win, that said.. they need to Play Perfect this coming up week.. its The Freaking State Championship.. if that doesn't inspire to BLOCK (Burtons Problem mostly was blocking IMO) and Tackle then they should be playing Basketball with the Rest of Region D.

    GO RAIDERS!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •