Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood vs Sussex Central

Gate City has usually played a tough schedule in the past. The record against LPD schools sounds like it could be correct. However I'm pretty confident the majority of those wins can be grouped into one of two groups (1) Gate City beat teams from the LPD while GC was AA and the LPD schools A or (2) When GC came back in the LPD int he early 2000 and the LPD had several weak football team <no disrespect to any of those teams>

Spead vs Power----an age old discussion. At this point in season the team that executes the best and keeps its composure is gonna win.

The majority of the trip is gonna be on Friday

IMO if the guys from Clintwood treat the game as the event and not the trip then I think they will give theirself a chance to play next week

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My post had nothing to do with Gate City's success against any team current, past, real, or imagined. It had to do with an individual poster who did a vanishing act here after things failed to go the way he had adamantly insisted they would. I was suggesting that history might repeat itself.

But a semi-nice try at deflection any way.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gchs_devils View Post
    Typical Wise Co cant spell rules. And Clintwood beat our ass? 88-8 is a beat that ass 28-27 is pretty darn good game. And please refrain from posting any pictures, you might give my computer viruses, thanks big boy floyd
    GC's record against Wise/Pound is awesome and really makes that number look great :/

If CW loses by 35+ plus, I have my bet. But if CW wins, you have to disappear.

oh wait, you are gonna do that anyway

It must suck to have to eat so much crow, talking about how terrible the LPD was when they still have a team playing when the all the mighty CMD teams are at home.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the years I lived out there and here recently that area was always weak when it came to football...sure they had some decent years like a few teams around here do but I just do not see that team beating Clintwood. If the regions were still around, wouldn't they still be in Region A? I do not remember any team from Region A, in single A, Division 1 winning a state championship here recently. They have always been beaten by the Region B rep. I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong. Colonial Beach, Arcadia, Charles City and Middlesex all are weak and I mean very weak teams. I just do not think Central has played anyone decent and will hit them. I have been wrong once or twice but I do not see them beating Clintwood.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Power means nothing if you cant catch them first.
    I guess I'll have to point out the obvious.

GW's backfield featured 3 of the 4 members of the 4X100 state champions and a kid who I understand is the fastest kid in the state in that division. It would seem a pretty good bet that they have already beaten the fastest team in the state in their division.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slobber Knocker View Post
    In the years I lived out there and here recently that area was always weak when it came to football...sure they had some decent years like a few teams around here do but I just do not see that team beating Clintwood. If the regions were still around, wouldn't they still be in Region A? I do not remember any team from Region A, in single A, Division 1 winning a state championship here recently. They have always been beaten by the Region B rep. I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong. Colonial Beach, Arcadia, Charles City and Middlesex all are weak and I mean very weak teams. I just do not think Central has played anyone decent and will hit them. I have been wrong once or twice but I do not see them beating Clintwood.
    Franklin is from A

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Surry County also is in A. Been about a decade for them though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speed is good to have but Clintwood has proven against George Wythe (The preseason Gods of D1 A) that speed cant run through a Brick wall. All this negitivity kills me. Why cant people from the same end of the state stick together in playoffs? Im a former Viking and now a Bear but i pull for any team from SWVA when it comes time. As bad as i cant stand Burton, I pull for em if they are in the race. Ive seen teams from up east a few times and they cant compare to teams from down here. Sure Franklin spanked JIB but other than that the majority goes to SWVA teams. GET EM WAVES is all i can say

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha Clintwood needs to try playing our schedule. GC's record against the current LPD teams is 94-64-6 so ya speaks for itself. and an 8 hour drive, back up QB, and vs a team who is fast. All adding up to SC's favor. We all know what fast teams do to Clintwood. *cough cough East Mont* Yeah blah blah Clintwood is powerful, so what. Power means nothing if you cant catch them first.

Thanks for Gotch for pointing out the obvious above so I didn't have to. Now time to debunk another of Mr. Dolt's interesting stats. *cough cough East Mont. * was a team of big, tall, skinny, slow as hell white kids who ran the PASSING SPREAD. Clintwood was a much faster team. If you'd said that what happens when Clintwood runs up against a team that could pass, you'd have had a point. Clintwood was the ones running away from East Mont, not the other way around. They decided to start playing late in the second quarter down 14-0 and lost by 5. What happens 9 times out of 10 when Clintwood plays a "fast team" is a win. The state 4x100 relay, multiple Burton teams, more often than not, Clintwood wins those games. That's what happened when they played Buffalo Gap and Franklin. Franklin probably didn't have a play over 20 yards in that game but they had some hulking OL blocking and more lead blockers than they could take care of coming out of the backfield. Buffalo Gap was just a big strong plodding team with a bull rb. They lost both of those game by a TD.

As for your prediction, that's your opinion and I'm not going to bash you for it. I wanted to correct you on what you were either embarrassing wrong about or just trying to lie about.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    I guess I'll have to point out the obvious.

GW's backfield featured 3 of the 4 members of the 4X100 state champions and a kid who I understand is the fastest kid in the state in that division. It would seem a pretty good bet that they have already beaten the fastest team in the state in their division.
    Thought I had put that in my first post to start this thread but I guess he or she did not read it. I will never understand either how come people from the other towns in the area do not want other teams from the same area to do well. Guess his biggest thrill is telling people, "I told you so!" Sad.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast