Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: VDOT

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    VDOT

    Folks, you may want to start writing a letter to your local delegate. With the number of people out this forum reaches, I didn't want to just say Kilgore.

    I spoke to a friend who works for VDOT and said that they are hearing at this time they will only be salting the main roads this winter, i.e. 23, 58, 72. No "secondary" roads is what they are being told at this time. It is apparently due to great fiscal restraints by our governor that they do not want to pay the overtime, gas, and salt to cover all of the roads they normally do.

    Seems to me it would be smart to use that "surplus" where it is needed. I hope that they are wrong, and that this will not be the case. Everyones safety does rely on the ability of our VDOT when the weather goes south.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #2
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VDOT

    All state employees are about to get a big fat raise. I guess motorists safety is sacrificed to put a few more pennies in the state employee's pockets.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: VDOT

    Well, what he is sayin is true, I just asked my dad, but he feels it will not hold water. But if it does we wont ever have school and someones gonna be having a law suit filed if the roads are deliberatley left unworked.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VDOT

    It's all politics...I told you they are all crooks...Just don't vote for any of them..This should show you how much they care for your safety
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: VDOT

    Could I run then and win with one vote? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]"Chili on every dog!" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VDOT

    Shoot I'd vote for ya spuds...I almost ran for Mayor of Gate City once...lol
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: VDOT

    2 votes...it's on. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: VDOT

    It's kinda sad, I went down to see the Dawgs work out yesterday, BSG is out of water and I made a note about the loadout down from Appy Elem, they water the road so heavy it runs into the main road, and it has been freezing.... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member logo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2005
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VDOT

    I somewhat agree with what you are saying, but sometimes (if not, most of the time) these off roads are being salted and rocked when not necessary. I live on one of these roads. I live 50 miles from work and snow hasn't keep me from getting there not one time and I drive a rear wheel drive. We get a little flurry around here and their is enough salt and rock dropped to fill up a lake. I am a firm believer in saftey but sometimes I think VDOT overdoes it with this issue.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VDOT

    I am referring to dirt roads, or tar and gravel roads. I am talking about roads like 65, and others that most of our schools are on, and people actually live on.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •