Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Music

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Music

    There seems to be a buzz of music in the air. In flames new album just came out a couple weeks ago which is amazing if you havent ever heard them or it, but news albums in the next couple months of note, AFI, SLAYER, Metallica (Rick Rubin is rumored to produce this) Pearl Jam, and TOOL are a few I know have albums coming out.

    DOWN is rumored to begin work on a new album, Ill believe it when I see it though, NOLA came out in 95 and DOWN II came out in 02 so I am not holding my breathe.

    Nine Inch Nails have been rumored to have another album coming out in the fall maybe early winter.

    Looks like 06 is gonna be a heck of a year for music, I cant wait Ill buy every album I have mentioned.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music

    With Rick Rubin in hand the next Metallica is sure to dissapoint. He's a tool.

    Next month I get new Scissorfight and new Eagles of Death Metal. New Ministry is in May. New Clutch should be later this year as well as a new Mastodon.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music

    Can't wait myself for a new AFI album, would love to see them live as well.


    all the others you listed should be great releases as well, especially Metallica and Pearl Jam. any rumored released dates that you know of?
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Music

    You dont like Rubin? I think he is way better the Bob Rock, maybe this will be a wake up to Puppets or Lightning. I hope the new Slayer album is good, they are on one hell of a tour, Slayer, Children of Bodom and Lamb of God I think, I know Venom wanted to get in on that tour.

    and Knight, I saw AFI, they were awesome, Davey is a ghost really, as white as a person could possibly be. Their album has taken forever to get done, I cant wait though.
    The new Pearl Jam album is said to be more like TEN, Im a see them again this summer if I can.

    The Pearl Jam one is not to far off, I think the TOOL album will be the first released of the bunch I mentioned though/

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music

    I hate Rubin. He's not bad with up and coming artists. What he did with SOAD was good, he tried to work with both Ozzy and AC/DC and they both gave him the boot. He's thinks he's some gift to music. Everytime you see him doing an interview, he's laying on a couch with his shades on. He just seems to be a pompous [censored]. I was no fan of Bob Rock either. I always liked Terry Date, Mutt Lange, and Metallica's stuff with Fleming Rasmussen.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music

    Today was the first time I'd listened to a CD in at least 3 weeks. And then only because I watched Walk the Line today.

    Just haven't had a desire to either listen or make music.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music

    PJ has released some tour dates too. My Morning Jacket is opening for them.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Music

    I wanna see Pearl jam again with out Death Cab for Cutie. By far the worst excuse for music I have ever heard in my life.

    Lung, I see what you mean, but I guess I just want a different Metallica record, maybe Rubin will have them go in a diff direction.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music

    I finally saw Death Cab for Cutie on Fuse the other day, i can agree with your statement, one of the worst bands, apart from dashboard confessionals, ive ever listened to
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Music

    Can't be much worse than St. Anger. I like the black album, but you can't beat RTL, MOP, and AJFA.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •