Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: Suicide

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Suicide

    I for one have thought about suicide before in my life. There was a time in my life when I would pray to God everynight to please just let me die and not wake up to only feel the hurt and pain I was going through. For one thank God for not answering that prayer, also I was so lost in my own pain that I wasn't thinking about the pain that I would cause my loved ones and children if I had killed myself. I can understand someone hurting so much that they just want to die and not live another day. But If I could say one thing to someone thinking about suicide it would be please don't do it. What ever the circumstances are it is not worth losing your life over. God is the only person that can help when one is at their lonliest and feeling pain. No man has all the answers only God. He can take a heart full of hurt, anger, and confusion and give you a new heart full of hope, peace, and love. So when you feel weak and don't know what else to do then just pray and ask God to intervene in your circumstances. Suicide may be a easy way out but it is not the right way IMO.

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Suicide

    I know that it gets bad and it gets hard to feel like you can go on sometimes. It seems like the easiest way, the most simple way would be to end it. It's also the most selfish way. No matter what someone thinks, unless this person is so alone in the world, no family, no friends, no co-workers, no classmates, no neighbors, you're not just affecting yourself, you're affecting each person that comes in contact with you. You're making it all about you. I've also had my fair share of crazy stuff, bad luck, diseases, deaths, addictions, etc in my family and in my life. More than my fair share actually. I think most people have considered it at times, and it is tough, very tough to go on sometimes. The strength that you develop in yourself when you don't give in, when you fight, fight more than you thought you could, dig deeper than you thought you could may not help you today, may not help you tomorrow when something else sucks, but the combined growing and strength that you develop in yourself as you're able to push through that temptation is going to help you.

    Is it a sin. In my mind, yes it is. Being religious here, God will not put more on you than you can deal with. The thing is, if you can keep old Satan from working your mind while bad things are going on, you could deal with it easily, it's that other shoulder influence. Now if God doesn't want you to kill yourself (which seems pretty obvious that he wouldn't want to and like was said, you're making yourself God) why would the old devil want you to? Perhaps that he knows that unless some miracle or divine judgement or ask of forgiveness in that last second, you're going to be his. There have been more than a few times that out loud or to myself I have just said get out of my head Satan! I'll sit and try to think of the happiest or best thing I can think of to make it more difficult for him. We've all good memories or good places in our thoughts that we can go to. Go to those or force yourself to start thinking positive just for a few, ask for help from God if you believe, if not, just to yourself say think clearly here, stop letting things beat me. Even if you're not religious, you have that little voice inside you, if you'll listen to it that says hey thats giving in or giving up. Its hard sometimes to hear it due to all the other voices but its there, sometimes you just have to yell shut up to the other voice and say 'help'
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •