Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Opinion

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_Skeptical's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2002
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    [ QUOTE ]
    with all this Da Vinci Code talk

    what is your opinion on a book that is meant to be taken for truth, but the story or some of the stories within it are false (or meant to create an idea or philosophy...a "parable", if you will)...how about that the stories it writes about happen thousands of years before the topic was ever written on so we don't have any first-hand knowledge of what actually happened

    can we take this book seriously? is this a book we should follow or believe?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    If you are a christian then i dont understand your motives. A christian wouldnt imply that people shoudlnt take the bible seriously or follow it. If you can justify your actions then i appologize.
    ICGRM takin' over

  2. #22
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    Jesus was a man. Jesus had brothers, well half-brothers. Oh no, does that make him a lesser of a man? I mean, what if he actually was married? Would it make a difference? I don't think so. Just because something isn't in the Bible doesn't mean it's not true. There were a bunch of books that were left out of the Bible. Why were they left out? None of us will ever really know. But they are refered to as the Gnostics. Even Mary Magleden wrote a Gospel (she was Jesus' main disciple). People just have to realize, not everything in the Bible came from Jesus or God. A lot, is speculation, and other people's points of view how things happened.
    Oh no, by me saying that, does it make me anti-christian? No No it doesn't. No one can say what is christian and what isn't. Nobody on the face of this earth, Priest, Pope, of any holy person can tell me what is right and what is wrong. Because no one knows, it's your own personal relationship with God. Ya know, I wonder what everybody would be believing right now, if Christianity hadn't been invented, pretty much as a safe haven, by Constantine in a time of a holy war?
    Doesn't it also say to not JUDGE in the bible, but seems that's all people do. They judge everything that comes out, that doesn't straight up say, THIS IS A MOVIE BASED ON THE BIBLE, THIS IS GODS WORD AND HOW GOD WOULD WANT THIS MOVIE.
    I personally think people take the bible way to serious on certain passages and such. Every single thing somebody does, somebody can go in the bible and interpret, yes INTERPRET a verse and say that's the answer. But well all know it's not. Only God can judge me, not society.
    Another thing that kills me as well, majority of "christians" say to not curse, but the only cursing mentioned in the entire bible is to use God's name in vain. So, how can people justify when they say, you shouldn't say those words you are going to hell, the words beings ([censored], [censored], [censored], etc)
    just the thoughts of one man, if ya dont like it. what else is new.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    there are a lot of stories in the Bible that most theologians say didn't even happen or couldn't happen (i.e. the parable about stoning the prostitute) they are used to tell a story about a quality of Jesus to present an idea for the readers and followers to believe

    the Da Vinci Code is meant to incite thought, it uses a fictional story to get people to think, "what if?"...can one really say for sure one way or the other if Jesus had a wife? no, you cant

    there are lots of instances that show there is a devine being inside the Da Vinci Code...the one i remember the most is the "divine number" which is the proportion of different bones on our body being the same number, which does in fact show me that there has to be someone up there who does put us together
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    [ QUOTE ]
    Nobody on the face of this earth, Priest, Pope, of any holy person can tell me what is right and what is wrong.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Same thing I tried to say that no person on earth is any better than anyone especially the Pope who is so revered by catholics.

    [ QUOTE ]
    I personally think people take the bible way to serious on certain passages and such

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I can't go along with this if you don't take the WHOLE Bible seriously then you can't take any of it seriously. The one that comes to mind that people want to not take seriously the most IMO is Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination." This is the one that is just ommited or forgotten about so they can be gay.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    what is your deal with Catholics? We are Christians. The Pope is just the head of our church. We don't worship him. We don't praise him any more than we would praise the president. To put it in terms you might be able to understand, he is our president. that is it.

    Since you believe we have to take every passage n the Bible literally, lets look at some more of your beliefs.

    Leviticus 19:27 "Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."

    *So any of us who has shaved our heads or shaved our face is sinners.


    Leviticus 19:28 "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you"

    *So any of us have tattoos are sinners.

    "Believers will be given these signs of power if they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be harmed"
    Mark 16:17-18

    *So everyone on this forum who believes in Jesus should go grab a king cobra or drink a gallon of poison.

    "Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her as a covering." (1 Corinthians 11:13-15)

    Women need long hair, men need short hair.

    "One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

    If you were born to an unwed mother, the Bible says that you shouldn't be allowed in church

    "But if ... evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..." (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)

    If you have had premarital sex you deserve to be killed on your parents doorstep.


    "Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." 1 Corinthians 14:34

    *If you was born without a Y chromsomne you need to shut up about Church affairs.


    Here is one I agree with
    For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Galatians 5:14 RSV)

    We are all sinners and we all need to ask for forgivness. How can you only accept certain passages in the Bible and be blind to others? The Bible was not written by Jesus, the ideas were handed down by God to man. Its kinda like that game you played when you were little where a group of kids line up and you tell one of them a story and you see how much it changes by the time it gets to the end of the room. Man is corrupt.

    Religion in my opinion is your own personal relationship with God. We are all sheep of the great shepard Christ.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    Wonderful post.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    We're no longer under old testament law.

    And yes Catholics arre Christians. I got mad at a friend of mine from school when he said the Pope rules the world for Catholics. God rules the world. They don't worship the pope. They don't worship the Mother Mary. I believe the pray through her something like asking her to pray for you like you would get on here and ask people on here am I right or am I off?

    Yeah Catholics are Chrisians. I'm Baptist but anyway if I'm not mistaken Catholics were actually the first Christians and back then they weren't known as Catholics they were just known as simply Christian.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    When Jesus came from Glory he said he didn't come to put away the Old Testament but to fulfill the New Testament. Also God from old testament to new testament did NOT choose just any man to write HIS word. He chose men of God, yes I am sure they sinned to, look at David and his sins, murder, adultry, and etc. he was also married to a woman who did not believe in God. There was never or never will be anyone perfect or without sin, only Jesus. The bible says that and I believe that. I don't care if people want to believe different than I do that is fine with me. But what gets me if one don't believe in the whole bible as the truth then don't try to find fault with it, heck write your own that way everything in it will atleast apply to all that you believe. I mean I don't go around and single out any other religion and read their bible and say well you know 100 different people wrote this how can you believe a word that it says. The word of God in the Bible is just that, it is something that requires one to even have faith to believe it is true. I personally believe it is of all truth. I don't think God chose any man to write it, those he chose and those who accepted him as their God. The lost books of the bible well it would be interesting to know what they say. There is scripture in the Bible that says not to add or take away anything from it. I believe we are all judged by God one day for their own sin and I have enough sin in my life to repent for without worrying over someone else's sin. Who cares if one believe's all that the Bible says, and who cares if one don't. Those of you that don't that it alright but don't try and give me reasons why I shouldn't believe it.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    Dane, the only issues with your passages is that they have came from the Old Testament in which the people were under the old law. Jesus dying on the cross gave us an opportunity to wash away those sins through his blood.

    Those things are still not right today, like fornication, adultery, etc, but Jesus blood our sins can be washed away. At that time, that was not the situation, as the only way was through the sacrifice of an animal that is pure, with no blemish.

    I do agree with your last paragraph though. Especially that man is corrupt. I do not have anything against Catholics, and I appreciate your faith. I just feel that the upper workings of the Catholic church are very corrupt. Hopefully not as much as it was in the past. I just have issues with the titles, and what I feel like is idolatry of people like the pope and other figures of the church. Scriptues like Acts 10:25-26, and 23:9-10 just make it seem wrong for the pope, and such to carry himself in the manner that they tend to do.

    As for judgement, do not only take part of that versus, but the whole verse, and those that follow: Matthew 7:1,2

    "Judge no, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with that judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

    I am far from perfect, and feel as though I am far from worthy of what the Lord has done for me in this life, and what I hope I receive after this life. I do hope we all end up being able to meet on the other side of Jordan, since many of us never will here.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #30
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Opinion

    [ QUOTE ]
    Jesus dying on the cross gave us an opportunity to wash away those sins through his blood.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It's not so much this part that's important for salvation and belief in Christian doctrine, but the whole rising and ascension there-after. If Jesus died on the cross and his blood was only meant to wash sins away at that time--it would have stopped there. The fact that he rose, ascended, and is coming back again is what extends the blood from the cross to those of us who will believe. Just a thought I had.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •