Your correct Craziefather. I was trying to get other things across, and sort of made it half-butted in getting that on there. You are absolutely correct.
[ QUOTE ]
I do agree with your last paragraph though. Especially that man is corrupt. I do not have anything against Catholics, and I appreciate your faith. I just feel that the upper workings of the Catholic church are very corrupt. Hopefully not as much as it was in the past. I just have issues with the titles, and what I feel like is idolatry of people like the pope and other figures of the church. Scriptues like Acts 10:25-26, and 23:9-10 just make it seem wrong for the pope, and such to carry himself in the manner that they tend to do.
[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks stripes you were able to put into words what I wanted to say just couldn't find the right way to do it. I don't have a problem with catholics other than I have the same feeling that they idolize the pope and cardinals and such too much.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Your correct Craziefather. I was trying to get other things across, and sort of made it half-butted in getting that on there. You are absolutely correct.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Most on here are like family to me. We bicker and aruge and gripe.
But honestly on a topic like this. All i can think of is one thing.
Faith.
For by it all things are possible. And a verse from the Bible, by it the elders obtained a good report.
Your faith is what sustains you folks, during hard times.
That is what sustains many of us. The faith we have in one another and what we see is right.
I guess with movies and i know it was said here also, does this disrupt your faith.
To me it doesn't, and im not the most religious. But things i have been through, and had to seek out God's direction, and to have faith in what i believe, well it has sustained me.
That is all any of us have. The faith to hope and to over come.
As a person who deals with many different issues. I have found one thing constant.
What I believe in, as i think many who have posted on this topic believe.
It's about your thoughts and what you believe.
From one version of the Bible to the New Testament Version. It spoke of one coming. To establish a new covenant and to fulfil the scriptures.
All i can say to that. Having read the Bible through many times. I find many things that make it very believeable.
From the prophesies of the old testament, being fulfilled in the new testament.
Therefore. my Faith in God. and In prayer. and something outside this world remains.
Jesus came unto his own and his own received him not. The lamb, without spot or blemish, sacrificed for the sins of the world.
Who came in the flesh, was justified in the spirit and received up.
The ultimate sacrifical lamb. Without spot or blemish. Jesus Christ of Nazarene.
So if this man had a wife or not. Was he anything less than. God with us. Or.
Emmanuel.
And that's the main difference between Protestants & Catholics...ask Dane or other Catholics why a crucifix, a mainstay symbol of the Catholic faith, still depicts Jesus on the cross. I'm not attacking the Catholic religion at all...not my way. I'm just expressing one of the main differences between the two faiths.
When it comes to basics, there's only one faith that universally believes (over all denominations) that Jesus Christ (or their comparable leader/figurehead) died, rose from the dead, ascended to heaven, and is coming back again one day as he promised...and that's any of the Protestant faiths.
Now, within the Protestant group of denominations, there are major extremes I don't agree with (aka REAL old regular baptist, charismatic pentacostal, and even extremist scientology--yes that's protestant based), but that means it's up to each person as to what religion they subscribe to. Which leads me to another point--no matter how you worship, it's all a guideline ONLY by which to have a personal relationship with God. I don't care if you've spoken in 52 tongues, gotten bit by 52 poisonous snakes & survived, or have ridden your body of 52 thetans--if you know God, and his son Jesus Christ, and have a personal relationship with them based upon the premise that Christ was crucified, buried, risen, ascended, and coming back--then IMO you're going to heaven as long as you keep that personal relationship with God & JC and do the right thing.
But then again--it doesn't matter what I believe--it matters what YOU personally believe. I can't save anyone--only God can.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Amen.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
[ QUOTE ]
I can't save anyone--only God can.
[/ QUOTE ]
Or Chuck Norris.
Officially retired
Not even funny chubz. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Sorry, the top 30 Chuck Norris facts just got me going on a Chuck Norris spree for these past few weeks. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Officially retired
...
![]()
---Grip it.....and Rip It---
Gym Monster-Gettin' the train everyday!!
I want you chump!
![]()
Bookmarks